[WLX] fileinfo 2.23 x32/x64 (May 2017)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hi Flint,

ooops, how embarrassing! You are right of course. Yes, I did mix it up with the registry entries of your nice plugin LinkInfo.
BTW, let me take the opportunity to thank you for quite a bunch of great plugins/utilities of yours: :D
  • HLP/MVB 1.0.2.0
  • LinkInfo
  • Uninstaller64
  • NoClose Replacer
  • Total Commander Edit Redirector
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

deus-ex
You're quite welcome! :)
Still, let's not go too far off the topic. ;)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Dec

Post by *Dec »

When I view shell32.dll on Windows 7 with FileInfo I don`t see ordinal function 777 in exported functions. But when I call api function GetProcAddress with parameter 777 the function returns correct function address. Is it a bug in FileInfo?
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Fileinfo 2.2.1 (both wlx and wlx64) crashes on the following PE file: http://tbeu.de/forum/forc.rar.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Hi!

I can confirm that. I've experienced this also with a few other exe files, but at this time cannot give detailed information.

Maybe some details from the TC crash that occured with the file from tbeu can help (comes from German Windows):
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: Anwendungsabsturzereignisse
Event ID: 1000
Date: 22.01.2015
Time: 10:33:43
User Name: N\A
Computer Name: XXX

Description:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: TOTALCMD64.EXE, Version: 8.5.1.1, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: fileinfo.wlx64, Version: 2.2.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4f24225c
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000001a9cd
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xef0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d03618103fcd17
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\totalcmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\wlx\fileinfo\fileinfo.wlx64
Berichtskennung: c15840f4-a219-11e4-9a55-028037ec0200
Greetings
Gerby
VSB

Post by *VSB »

2fg_2002fr
It's time to update plugin. It should be able to undecorate function names with new C++ features (rvalues (&&), etc.)
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

Hi all,

This is just an security update with few more corrections.
I received a e-mail from the CERT Coordination center saying that Fileinfo 2.21 have 3 security issues (Deny of Service vulnerabilities). Cisco TALOS intends on publishing a security advisory on these issues on 2016-07-16. This issues (and seven more) are all corrected in this new release.

All fixes and changes :
- Added : Implementation of ListLoadNext
- Added : links to support and donation
- Added : Context Menu for "File properties"/"Image File Header"/"Manifest" tabs
- Updated : links to new HTML homepage and e-mail
- Fixed : DoS vulnerability (10 corrected)
- Fixed : crash with some EXE/DLL without resource
- Fixed : incorrect list of import functions in delayed DLL of x64 Applications
- Fixed : crash in "Resource Dump" with some chars in String Table
- Fixed : resources not shown if Manifest resource exist
- Fixed : some memory leaks

size is ~1MB
You can download it here: http://fg.tcplugins.free.fr/wlx_fileinfo222.zip
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hi François

thanks for the tool. I use it for years, and it helped me a lot.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

fg_2002fr wrote:This is just an security update with few more corrections.
Thanks, but please, don't move user's mouse cursor when plugin opens. It's annoying. :cry:
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

LonerD wrote:Thanks, but please, don't move user's mouse cursor when plugin opens. It's annoying. :cry:
Huh? I've never seen such a behavior. Do you mean that FileInfo saves the window position of the Lister window by default, and restores it when a new Lister window is opened? That can be disabled in FileInfo's options.

2fg_2002fr:
You made a really nice plugin which I've been using for many years now. Thank you! :D

However, there's still a bug, or at least some strange behavior, in manifest handling. Open totalcmd.exe in FileInfo, switch to Manifest tab and take a look at the dpiAware section. There's no "true" listed there, although it's definitely in the file. This can be verified in PEViewer plugin, TC Lister in binary view, ResHack, FileAlyzer etc.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Thx for the new version!

There is still a reproducible crash when it comes to using the 32bit statically linked version (wlx_fileinfo32.zip).
When opening 64-bit DLLs and Exes, and switching to "Image File Header":

---------------------------
Application Error
Exception EExternalException in module TOTALCMD.EXE at 7711382B.
External exception C0150010.
OK

Doesn't seem to happen on a clean TC install.
I'll see if I narrow down the problem to some specific TC setting.

Edit:
Found it!

If I have an entry in fileinfo.ini:

Code: Select all

Dump_Pdata=1
the plug-in crashes as described above!

Not sure if that entry belongs to an old version or is an actual setting.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2milo1012:
Can not confirm this, and I can't remember any crash of FileInfo or TC when using FileInfo.
milo1012 wrote:I'll see if I narrow down the problem to some specific TC setting.
My guess: there's some other Lister plugin interfering, perhaps it's listed before FileInfo, so TC tries to load it. Plugin incompatibility, if you will. You can find that out rather quickly by moving FileInfo to the top position in TC's Lister plugins.

[EDIT]
Oops, I was too slow again :).

Edit:
Found it!

If I have an entry in fileinfo.ini:

Code: Select all

Dump_Pdata=1
the plug-in crashes as described above!

Not sure if that entry belongs to an old version or is an actual setting.
It looks like a setting that isn't mentioned in the Readme. If you search for "dump_" in fileinfo.wlx you can find even more of them.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Dalai wrote:My guess: there's some other Lister plugin interfering, perhaps it's listed before FileInfo, so TC tries to load it. Plugin incompatibility, if you will. You can find that out rather quickly by moving FileInfo to the top position in TC's Lister plugins.
If some other wlx WOULD interfere, the plug-in wouldn't load in the first place.
I'm quite aware of the plug-in priority, but that specific bug bothered me for months now ;)
Dalai wrote:It looks like a setting that isn't mentioned in the Readme. If you search for "dump_" in fileinfo.wlx you can find even more of them.
Yes, but I'm not sure to what setting a "PData dump" is related.
I updated some time ago from version 1.x, maybe that's the issue.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Dalai wrote:I've never seen such a behavior.
I already posted it:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=249298#249298

In Windows8 it's option:
Control Panel - Mouse - Pointer Options - Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box.
Just turn on this option, and then open such files with fileinfo plugin in Quick View (Ctrl+Q) - mouse pointer will be automatically moved to some invisible object.
The same problem also with Multimedia plugin.
I use many wlx plugins, and only this two have such annoing behavior.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2LonerD
I see, and I can confirm this issue. Still, it's not the plugin that moves your cursor but the system. And it's doing what you told it to do. The plugin is only the trigger for it.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence