Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Native2904

Re: Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Post by *Native2904 »

2solid

The List of supported formats does not include *.webm files.

Supported formats:
Spoiler
Containers
Matroska (mkv/mka/mks)
Ogg (ogg/ogm)
Riff (avi/wav)
Mpeg 1&2 container (mpeg/mpg/vob)
Mpeg 4 container (mp4)
Mpeg video specific (mpgv/mpv/m1v/m2v)
Mpeg audio specific (mp2/mp3)
Windows Media (asf/wma/wmv)
Quicktime (qt/mov)
Real (rm/rmvb/ra)
DVD-Video (ifo)
AC3 (ac3)
DTS (dts)
AAC (aac)
Monkey's Audio (ape/mac)
Flac (flac)
CDXA, like Video-CD (dat)
Apple/SGI (aiff/aifc)
Sun/NeXT (au)
Amiga IFF/SVX8/SV16 (iff)
Ensoniq PARIS (paf)
Sound Designer 2 (sd2)
Berkeley/IRCAM/CARL (irca)
SoundFoundry WAVE 64 (w64)
Matlab (mat)
Portable Voice format (pvf)
FastTracker2 Extanded (xi)
Midi Sample dump Format (sds)
Audio Visual Research (avr)
In the wincmd.ini under Content Plugins, there is an entry like this:

Code: Select all

[ContentPlugins]
0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wdx\mediainfo\mediainfo.wdx
0_detect="EXT="MKV" | EXT="MPEG" | EXT="MP4" | EXT="MP3" | EXT="AAC" | EXT="FLAC" | EXT="MOV""
That's are the "settings" you are searching for.
Last edited by Native2904 on 2021-12-14, 17:22 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#270101 Single user licence.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz | RAM 24GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M | iMac14,2 Bootcamp | Windows Pro 10 - Build 19042
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Mediainfo.wdx: (see video/audio metadata detailed information) - content plugin

Post by *solid »

My wincmd.ini is like this, I have the extension added.

Code: Select all

0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wdx\wdx_mediainfo\mediainfo.wdx
0_detect="EXT="AIF"|EXT="AU"|EXT="SND"|EXT="MID"|EXT="RMI"|EXT="MED"|EXT="MP3"|EXT="RA"|EXT="WAV"|EXT="VQF"|EXT="AAC"|EXT="APE"|EXT="FLAC"|EXT="MP4A"|EXT="CDA"|EXT="RM"|EXT="RMVB"|EXT="WMV"|EXT="AVI"|EXT="MPG"|EXT="MPEG"|EXT="MOV"|EXT="MP4"|EXT="MKV"|EXT="WebM"|EXT="WMA""
But just noticed, the extension must be uppercase. I've just changed "WebM" to "WEBM" and all the fileds showed up.
Never thought that this is case-sensitive setting.
Wojtek

Post by *Wojtek »

Hello!

I have just installed this plugin on my desktop computer, but I am getting errors:
Error in configuration file! Please check it's structure.
See screenshots: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqriqoLzwEu5rF6mZPzAMzgm0aeF?e=WDctIO

Could anybody help me with this issue?

regards
Wojtek
Asus Maximus VIII Hero · Win10 Pro x64
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD · 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX · nVidia GeForce RTX 3060 · Intel i7 7700K

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2.Gen · Win10 Pro x64
512GB SSD · 16GB RAM · intel HD620 · i7-7600U

TC 11.02 32-bit #347308
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

Note there are 3 different plugins
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/mediainfo64.html
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/MediaInfoWDX.html
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/tcmediainfo.html
It looks like you've installed the latter.
I recommend the first one.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Yes, the first one is the easiest to use, but there is not a possibility to add more fields from mediainfo. Only the fields enabled by the plugin author are viewable.

The second one is quite a pain to configure, but It allows access to all the fields supported by mediainfo.

I haven't used the third one.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

TCMediaInfo is the most flexible imo but as MediaInfo.wdx you need to know which field to setup and define the configuration xml to fit your needs.
You have a russian thread http://forum.wincmd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12579 (google translate can help).
Thany

Post by *Thany »

Doesn't work for vertical videos.

Vertical videos width/height are reported as if they are horizontal videos. Same problem for at least MKV and MP4, possibly more formats. Even the aspect ratio reports as horizontal (greater than 1).

Running the latest MediaInfo on the latest Total Commander.
Total Commander 11 on Windows 10
Thany

Post by *Thany »

It also can't be used as a search plugin, it turns out. It will ALWAYS either return all results (filtering out nothing) or no results (filtering out everything). Both are incorrect. I tried many different possible filters, including of course the most benign one: the width of a video. How hard can it be, you might ask, but it returns 0 results for video width greater 0, and for equal to 0. And taking that filter out returns all videos again.

It works fine (save for my previous comment) as a content plugin.

So what gives? This worked fine in the previous version (or *my* previous version for that matter) leading me to believe the functionality required for this plugin to function as a search plugin, was either removed on purpose, or its functionality somehow passed the unittests.
Total Commander 11 on Windows 10
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

I cannot reproduce with MediaInfo 22.03 and TC11, i.e. searching for video width=0 or >0 gives the correct results. However, it feels odd, when searching for a duration (ft_time field) it is not clear what unit the time is based. @ghisler Can you please elaborate how searching for ft_time is meant to be? Thank you!
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more