crc32tag content plugin (support, feedback, ect...)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

byblo wrote:* md5 should share the unique cachelist with crc32 and maybe future types (to also avoid multiple log files).
I can not imagine how this shared cachelist must work,when 2 types of hash used simultaneously. Is it safe?
byblo wrote:* There are too much entries now, and some of them need to be merged or deleted (like a new detection type at once : md5/sfv/tagsfv/tagmd5/nfs/ect...). It was a mess since the beginning then I will remade them when I can (It is planned to also add ed2k file id, someday...)
How it will be better?
byblo wrote:* The sources are free, but please don't use them to release something that looks "official", when it is not the case ;) Latest version remain 0.22b, not 0.25b.
Oh, I`m really sorry. Thats why my second nickname is Lamer.
Do you meen that if I share a thing that using sourcecode made by other programmer I must give other name to the project? What I must do?
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Postkutscher wrote:I can not imagine how this shared cachelist must work,when 2 types of hash used simultaneously. Is it safe?
Yes. In fact, it already sharing crc32 with NOMETA types. But with md5, it will need some re-adjustment (like k-8 to k-x in CheckCache as instance).
Postkutscher wrote:How it will be better?
I don't know yet, but I'll try to do something less complicated and more automated if I can.
Postkutscher wrote:Do you meen that if I share a thing that using sourcecode made by other programmer I must give other name to the project? What I must do?
I don't know, but when I get source code from an existing project, I use them for my own use or I contact the original author when I have some new code to submit and that I'd like to see implemented on the official release.
But you can also start an alternative project, even if personally I do not recommend it, excepted if the author is in jail or dead *.* (see the numerous emule versions as instance...)

By the way, some more feedback about your release :

If I create a *.md5 file, as instance TEST.MD5 from TEST.BIN, the [=crc32tag.GetMD5From.Auto_MD5] function works correctly.
But if I create also a TEST.SFV, this one is detected instead of the MD5 one, and I get an "WrongMD5!" since it swapped with the crc32 values for some reason (ContentGetValue should be checked).

Also, I recommend to use the ContentStopGetValue to permit to the user to abort an operation when he want (to cancel a 7go file md5 calculation or verification as instance...).

Since you made an excellent work, do you mind if I implement your contribution into the "official" project ?
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

I would prefer to use your contribution,if it will contain md5 function. :wink: It is more stable and conventional.
Don`t you want resump your work on plugin? :roll:
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Thanks. I'll try to make a new release with your contribution and ed2k support in some months normally.
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

byblo wrote: I prefer to centralize everything on a cache file and sfv files.

OK, sfv file is clear but what cache file are you referring to ? Excellent plugin by the way, big up!

And is the variant with md5 support still for download somewhere or do we have to wait until the release of the original version ?
byblo

Post by *byblo »

chrizoo wrote:
byblo wrote: I prefer to centralize everything on a cache file and sfv files.

OK, sfv file is clear but what cache file are you referring to ? Excellent plugin by the way, big up!

And is the variant with md5 support still for download somewhere or do we have to wait until the release of the original version ?
Glad you like it :)

The plugin use a cache file (by default)
If you check your file contplug.ini, the value :
[crc32tag]
Str_CacheFileName=xxxxx
will give you the file name of the cache.
Read the crc32tag.txt for more infos about it.

It seems that Postkutscher removed the download link for his version. Then, I guess you should ask to him if you need it.

For the "official" version, I didn't worked on it yet. But as said, normally in some months it should be available. Sorry for the delay but some stuffs need a rewrite and I'm stuck on others project for the moment...
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Byblo, thank for this plugin, though I doubt you're still reading forum posts, because your last post dates to a year ago :(

Hopefully someone can help me. I use crc32tag with the multirename tool to append _[CRC32] to filenames before network transfer to a linux NAS. On linux, I need to verify checksums. How?

I found two main issue, answering the first one is most important:

1. Linux commands cksum and sum generate a CRC which differs from the CRC that TC generates - even after normalizing all values to base 16. Does linux have a CRC command that creates the same CRC value for the same file as TC's CRC?

2. On linux is there a simple way to grab the CRC tag from the filename and compare it with a generated CRC?

Thanks in advance for any help.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

sgp wrote:Byblo, thank for this plugin, though I doubt you're still reading forum posts, because your last post dates to a year ago :(

Hopefully someone can help me. I use crc32tag with the multirename tool to append _[CRC32] to filenames before network transfer to a linux NAS. On linux, I need to verify checksums. How?

I found two main issue, answering the first one is most important:

1. Linux commands cksum and sum generate a CRC which differs from the CRC that TC generates - even after normalizing all values to base 16. Does linux have a CRC command that creates the same CRC value for the same file as TC's CRC?
Some linux have the crc32 command to compute crc32 but most ARM nas do not have this command available without installation.

A Safer way is to use md5 hash (most linux have the md5sum command that correctly output in hexadecimal !) With TC you can use either

If you transfert plain ascii file with ftp, the sum can differ as CR/LF are transposed in text mode.
sgp wrote: 2. On linux is there a simple way to grab the CRC tag from the filename and compare it with a generated CRC?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You can parse filename but for me altering file name is not a good practice (IMO).
A better way is to create a md5 file/s in TC and check it/them in your nas using md5sum -c CheckFileFromTC.md5.

To Create your md5 hash from TC you can use hashsys or wdhash as wdx plugin or use a md5sum win32 port. If you want create a md5 check file, you can do some scripting, copy column out of TC, use tcb or directly rmd5sum %S >CheckFileFromTC.md5 ....

to get a md5sum, sum, cksum ... you can download gnutools here http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

______ EDITION _______

TC can produce checksum , but the format is not 100% compatible with linux. You have to change all '*' character by a space and change CR/LF TO CR. (DOS to UNIX end of line)

if you have gnu sed in your nas you can use the following to do the modifications.

Code: Select all

sed 's/*/ /g; s/\r$//' TCMDHHash.md5 > LinuxCompatHash.md5
sgp

Post by *sgp »

@nsp, thank you so much for all the useful info.
nsp wrote:Some linux have the crc32 command to compute crc32 but most ARM nas do not have this command available without installation.
Right. Mine is an ARM Marvell and it does have crc32 (sum and chsum are both crc32). The issue is that they output different checksums, even though they're all named "crc32".
A Safer way is to use md5 hash...
Good point. I might go down that road soon, if I don't find TC compatible linux crc32 tools. I still would prefer crc32 over md5 because I'm just concerned about catching the rare byte flip that might occur during network copy. I don't need a full md5 hash, which is more time-consuming to compute.
You can parse filename but for me altering file name is not a good practice (IMO).
Indeed, it has some disadvantages. My files are just going to be archived with no further changes, that's why embedding the CRC in the name is acceptable - even convenient - to me.

Thank you again for all your notes, they're a good starting - and landing :) - point.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

This is a 64bit port of crc32tag.

New features:
• added 64 bit support
• full support of Unicode
• crc32 calculation is based on zlib 1.2.7 avoiding inline assembler

Still to do:
• thread safety
• dynamic cache list

Download: wdx_crc32tag022b.rar (x86/x86-64) (C++ sources included)
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Waw :shock:

Seems you did a very nice job :)

I am a bit busy with others problems, but once tested deeply, it should replace the old version on the official webpage.

Thank you for you help !
jmwap

Post by *jmwap »

I am embarrased to ask but, how does one use this plugin? :oops:
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi,

I just installed the plugin and got a virus warning on the wdx (not the wdx64) from Symantec Endpoint Protection. Probably a false positive?

Regards, EricB
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Please download again. AV should no longer complain now (as checked by Virustotal).
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Confirmed. The new download does not pose any problems anymore.
Thx!

Regards, EricB