far2wc plugin: what FAR plugins do you use ?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Maxwish

far2wc plugin: what FAR plugins do you use ?

Post by *Maxwish »

Hi friends,
I was just playing around with the far2wc plugin, because I want to add some more info about it at ClubTotal. According to the readme.txt it should work with these FAR plugins:
-DocFile Browser
-Resource Browser plugins
-7-Zip plugin
-Advanced Disk Catalog plugin
-Far 1.65 internal case conversion plugin.
-Far 1.65 internal ArcView plugin:
see http://plugring.farmanager.com/ for ArcView plugins. Many of them are working (for example The Bat! Message Base viewer).
- I got the DocFile and Resource Browser working, no problems.
- I don't use 7-zip or Adv.Disk.Cat: Anybody else tried the plugins for them ?
- Didn't know what to do with the Case conversion plugin. I installed FILECASE.DLL the same way I did the DocFile plugin, but it doesn't show up with ALT-F5 (and far2wc selected as packer).
- Couldn't get the case Arcview to work without crashing TC. (I presume arcview uses the MULTIARC.DLL from FAR as stated in the far2wc.ini). Anybody succeed in this and use any other Arcview-FMT files (like the Bat message base viewer or the .SIT plugin)
...BRB...
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Hi Maxwish,

- i'm using Docfilebrowser and Resourcebrowser with Far2wc, too.
- 7-zip integrates well into TC via Multiarc for TC, so no need for 7-zip.fmt/Far-Multiarc combo.
- since TC has got the power with MRT, i could'nt be bothered to look into Filecase. ;)
- same for Adv.dsk.cat., since i use Catalogmaker.wcx for TC.

- played with Far-Multiarc and Rez.fmt once (.rez=Monolith-Games Archive, e.g. "No on lives for ever"),
I could browse .rez archives, but i was only able to extract the first file of every .rez archive i tried.
Besides the *.fmt/FAR-Multiarc combo appears to be unstable under TC, just like you mentioned.

Additionally, you can put Quakepak v1.62 to good use with Far2wc.
This plugin allows you to view and change contents of:

:arrow: Quake PAK files (Quake 1, Quake 2, Half-Life)
:arrow: SiN PAK files
:arrow: Quake WAD2 and Half-life WAD3 files
:arrow: Doom WAD files
:arrow: Delta Force .pff files
:arrow: Build-engine .grp files (DukeNukem3D, ShadowWarrior etc.) (read only)
:arrow: Mass Destruction tank.res (read only)

Download Quakepak here: http://ekot.narod.ru/far/qpak162.rar :D
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

Thanks for your response deus-ex. Seems like far2wc still needs some work to be fully compatible. But the DocFile and Resource browser work great!

as for the ClubTotal site:
Because far2wc doesn't have many working plugins (seen by this thread only receiving 1 response) , I won't make a new separate page for it: I'll think I'll add the far2wc plugin (with working FAR plugins) in a section under the multiarc plugin...
I will only list Docfile, ResBrowser and the Qpak plugin as working and unique...
...BRB...
Sam York

Internet explorer cache plug-in

Post by *Sam York »

It seems that Far has an extremely useful plug-in called icache or something ...

You can view/delete,etc the IE cache with it and would be extremely useful if somehow this one could be integrated for use with TC ... Anyone has already succeeded?
horatzica

Post by *horatzica »

I can't get the far2wc plugin to work :( TC tells me that this is not a valid plugin. What can I do?
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

(just making a link to another post - for future users)
horatzica wrote:I can't get the far2wc plugin to work :( TC tells me that this is not a valid plugin. What can I do?
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2044
...BRB...