More Find Elements

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

More Find Elements

Post by *pdavit »

I would be nice if we could take advantage of TC's speed to find not only files and folders but also computers, printers and secondary users. We already have this ability from Windows to do that but the same applies for files and folders. A search feature (embedded within the Search function or separately) especially for computers and printers would be much appreciated!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

But this are compleatly other things. On one hand you have a list of all files in a certain place and search this list for a string to mach. On the other hand you to call a broadcast into your network to get a list of the computers online for a serachable list. I don't think the TC could speed this up....
Ein Pinguin wird kommen
Und uns alle retten....
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I never said they are the same thing. It's the ability to be able to search for those elements using TC that I'm asking here and not just the speed issues! And believe me you will see a speed improvement just based on the fact that you will be using a less hungry tool over the same network reliability. ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!