Request: Disable/enable individual plugins

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jb

Request: Disable/enable individual plugins

Post by *jb »

I would like the possibility to disable/enable each plugin (in addition to remove/add).
Clo

Hum--- Tool is good

Post by *Clo »

2jb

:) Hello !

• I agree, although I use always TC Plugman instead of the embedded functions to manage the plugins.
- This tool is able to enable¦disable any plugin quickly and easily…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
jb

Post by *jb »

To Clo:
Thanks for the tip, although I hesitate to make use of it. I use only a few plugins. Principally I strive to minimize my toolset. In this case the functionality is so elementary (like enabling/disabling a toolbar) that it should be built-in. Above all it would be helpful when you want use a plugin only temporarily now and then.
Clo

Still useful

Post by *Clo »

2jb

:) Hello !

• Same here, I've a few plugins. But since I've several versions - necessarily - I've some ones in a version, and not in the others, and the opposite…
- With 7.0, I've 21 plugins (all kinds), with 6.55, I've 24, with 6.53 I've 36 (the most), 14 in 6.03a.
- Even with such a moderate amount of plugins, the external tool is pretty useful.
- To embed this function has been discussed already IRC, but nothing seems planned in that way currently…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

would like the possibility to disable/enable each plugin (in addition to remove/add).
Support+++

It really shouldn't be necessary to use an external tool for that.

(and I say that even though I am translator of TCPlugman)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Support, too.

I think enabling/disabling a plugin is quite an essential functionality that should be possible without a 3rd party tool.

The work on the GUI wouldn't be much I assume: one (or two) buttons had to be added to enable/disable a plugin, and a disabled plugin could be displayed in a grey color to indicate this state.

I use TCPlugman myself and will surely keep on using it, but many users might not like to have a sophisticated external tool if they just want to temporarily disable a plugin.