Moving directories with locked files in it

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SchlesiM

Moving directories with locked files in it

Post by *SchlesiM »

Hello,

i noticed a behaviour that apparently changed from 6.x version to v7:
when moving complete directory-structures which have a locked file in one of the "deeper" directories (e.g. because of a loaded application), in v6, all the directories/files except for the locked one was moved to the new location. In v7, the complete structure is unmoveable and i'm getting an error message (german): "Fehler: kann [Ziel] nicht schreiben! Entfernen Sie den eventuell vorhandenen Schreibschutz!" (in english: "Error: Can't write [dest]!" or similar). By directly selecting the deeper directories and moving them separatly, all works as exspected.

Apart from that: Thank's for this great piece of software. It's one of my "Windows's essentials"!

regards
Mario
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will try to reproduce that, thanks.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
Could you reproduce the bug?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, I could not reproduce it. I tried to move a directory struture with a running program in it. I also tried to move a directory structure with a file opened in a program which locks its files (write.exe). In both cases I could move the rest of the structure, both within the same drive and to another drive.

Can you reproduce the error somehow?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com