Compare by content: mouse scroll wheel behaviour right pane

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ebakker

Compare by content: mouse scroll wheel behaviour right pane

Post by *ebakker »

Tested with TC7, beta3.
If I scroll with the mouse wheel in the right pange of the Compare by Content window, the horizontal scroll bar moves.
So the text scrolls down and to the right in both panes (or up and to the left).
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

I cannot confirm that. Are you using some special mouse utility like KatMouse?
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
menet

Post by *menet »

SanskritFritz wrote:I cannot confirm that. Are you using some special mouse utility like KatMouse?
I also can't reproduce the problem with or without KatMouse :twisted:
#22273 Personal licence
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

without KatMouse
How can anybody live without KatMouse ( my second prog after TC on a new computer) ;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2petermad
How can anybody live without KatMouse
I think only somebody with a decent mousedriver that has built-in support for a focusless scrolling. Actually the logitech crap on my desktop PC is not that kind, so KatMouse is a must.

But recently I got an IBM mouse for my ol' used Notebook, and with its driver, I have no need for Katmouse, at least on that machine...
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Compare by content: mouse scroll wheel behaviour right p

Post by *wanderer »

ebakker wrote:Tested with TC7, beta3.
If I scroll with the mouse wheel in the right pange of the Compare by Content window, the horizontal scroll bar moves.
So the text scrolls down and to the right in both panes (or up and to the left).
It has happened to me, i cannot currently confirm it though. I have been using Logitech mouse driver. Perhaps this is the case with you too. I always thought this was intentional and i found it useful too.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ebakker

Extra info

Post by *ebakker »

I tried again today. I found out that the problem occurs:
- If the button 'Vertical arrangement' has been pushed twice.
- With Logitech mousedriver version 9.61
If I unload the EM_EXEC.EXE control center, the problem does not occur.
I've had scroll problems before with this mouse driver (scrolling in a Microsoft terminal session).
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2ebakker
I strongly recommend to drop the Logitech driver and use KatMouse instead.
menet

Post by *menet »

SanskritFritz wrote:I strongly recommend to drop the Logitech driver and use KatMouse instead.
I will be happy to not use the Logitech driver, but can you explain how do you do to affect a function the 3rd button (under the scroll wheel) ? :?:

Personally, I affect this button to "Reduce/Iconize" the window that have the focus. I have had to install the Logitech driver to change the affectation of this third button under Windows XP. I don't know how it will be with Vista ! :roll:

:arrow: Do we have a way to do it with KatMouse ?

Best Regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2menet
Not with KatMouse, but easily with AutoHotkey. Even most of KatMouse's functionality is already available as AHK scripts. Defining the middle button to minimize any window is a piece of cake. Hmm, is Reduce/Iconize something special?
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

SanskritFritz wrote:...how do you do to affect a function the 3rd button (under the scroll wheel) ? :?:

:arrow: Do we have a way to do it with KatMouse ?
Here is my experience in case others are dealing with Logitech mice and read this thread. My 3rd button works fine with Katmouse. Even the VBA macro edit window now scrolls (this also replaces "VBscroll by Shahin Gasanov" which seemed to have stopped working some time ago). I am happy scrolling works everywhere now. So in my case I have just added katmouse and left my existing mouse driver unchanged and it works fine I would test that setup first as you may not need to change mouse drivers.

I don't see anywhere in Control Panel to setup the 3rd button. My current mouse driver is "Microsoft ps/2 compatible mouse" (i8042prt.sys, mouclass.sys). I have Logitech 3-button model M187, with button under scroll wheel, and I also tested with QPC model QPCJ2026 mouse - cheap China brand with button in same location. The 3rd button was setup many years ago and is currently setup to send ctrl-f4 (to close a tab). If I recall correctly using the mouseware logitech software. The 3rd button works fine on any program with standard tabbed interface (windows MDI application) eg Firefox,Chrome, or Total commander, or notepad++. When you use 3rd button click on tab label it closes tab, click anywhere else goes to default auto scroll behaviour. I am puzzled why 3rd button works and it will be a problem if I ever decide to change what 3rd button does. I don't think this is default 3rd button behaviour.

I am a more traditional accelerator shortcut and keyboard button presser so this was minor problem for many years, but finally annoyed me enough today to go looking to find a solution to this problem.
Skip
SkipR

Post by *SkipR »

SanskritFritz wrote:2ebakker
I strongly recommend to drop the Logitech driver and use KatMouse instead.
I know this is an old issue but could you clarify you message if you see this. When using a logitech mouse it installs a basic driver and then some additional features called mouseware software which are an optional install if I recall correctly. Is that accurate?

Katmouse is not a mouse driver it is a background monitor process like mouseware software. Do you know if it conflicts with features in the logitech mouseware or are there conflicts with the logitech driver?
Skip