TC colors for "searching in lister" and "comp

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

TC colors for "searching in lister" and "comp

Post by *wanderer »

I have a problem for a long time now. When searching in lister, or using compare by content, the colors used do not help very much in spotting the "interesting" part. I'd like to be able to do the following (although i suspect it might not be easy for some of them):

- Searching in lister: currently when the search string is found, the text and background colors of that string are swapped. I'd like to be able to select my own colors (background at least). That way i would be able to i.e. set a "red" background color which is easier to spot in a large black/white text than the default black background. Not to mention here that when i select a part of the text with the mouse, the selection FG/BG colors are the same with the "found string" colors, which is confusing in some cases (you are not sure what you have selected).

- "compare by content": Same here. I'd like to be able to select a background color for the difference part only. It's easier to spot than a different foreground color. I hope it's not impossible to implement, given the fact that a listbox is involved.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.