2 background windows created

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

2 background windows created

Post by *Samuel »

Hmm this is not a serious bug:
I just opened TC after system start. (like always) I opened other programs so windows was just very busy. When TC was loaded (It is always the first loaded) I copied a file. (I enabled copy always in background) And I tried it 2 times and got both times this message:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
<Fehler!>
Fatal error: background window not found!
OK   
After that 2 background windows appeared. I copied again, and it copied without problems. Only the background windows didn't close.
I just wanted to say what happened. Should not be a serious bug.
Last edited by Samuel on 2007-02-20, 11:10 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Not a serious bug? I wonder what would be serious for you then... :D

Some more info would be appreciated, like operating system, hardware, additional programs that were running at that time. Since this is TC7 section, should we assume you are using TC7 beta3?
TC for Linux please!
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

You are right I'm running TC7 B3.
Some more info would be appreciated, like operating system, hardware, additional programs that were running at that time.
I left out this part, because I am sure it is not important for this bug report.
I'm running WinXP SP2. Other programs running were Windows :-), Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird & ICQ. I think thats not important, because only the fact that the computer was very busy is important. (IMHO)
But it could be that ICQ forces TC7 not to open the background window... :shock:
Not a serious bug? I wonder what would be serious for you then... :D
- It only occurs under heavy load.
- And if "Copy Always In Background" is activated.
- And it does NO damage.
I think it happend once in TC history, and I was the lucky man discovering it :)

So I don't mind if Ghisler will correct it or not. (And perhaps wasting time) I just wanted to inform.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

AFAIK TC has an internal timeout for the BTM window to appear (or, in other words, for the foreground thread to find it), which is set to about 2 seconds, IIRC. It seems you exceeded that limit.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, that's correct. I don't think that I can do anything about it. I could make the timeout longer, but then people would start to complain about a not responding program...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

The error-message itself was not the bug. I just got 2 of these TBM windows at the same time. But as I said, there should be no harm from this.