problems in scroll using single click

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

donector

problems in scroll using single click

Post by *donector »

hello folks

i use the 1 single click with TC (thanks for that, i was looking for it since many years!!!)

when i put the mouse over a thumbnail at the bottom of the window (that is being shown the half of it only, bc of lack of room) the window automatically scrolls down... but it goes down/reaches the end of the list of IMMEDIATELY

so it's not possible really scrolling with the single click's auto highlighting and scrolling

actually i realized something similar happens with files list view (details view) in this case it takes leaps down mostly; it seems to quick for me but still it's not that bad anyway

finally, as I said it doesnt scroll down, but reaches the END automatically; however in the other way around, ie when i point to files /thumbnails in the top of the window, it won't move/scroll up: it'll just stay in the position it is

well i hope u find the problem too

cu
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Unfortunately this cannot be fixed, it's a bug of the windows component used for the file panel (listbox). When an item is not fully in view, windows XP scrolls it in view automatically. But then your cursor is already above the next item, and so on. :( The upper items are in full view so they don't trigger any scrolling.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed you need to be careful in thumbnails view due to the listbox bug in Windows XP: Total Commander tells Windows to put the cursor on the item and NOT scroll it into view. This works fine on Windows 9x/ME and 2000, but XP scrolls the list anyway...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com