Bug in showing only selected files

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

donner

Bug in showing only selected files

Post by *donner »

Hi,

when only showing selected files ("Show"->"Only Selected Files") and switch the focus to another application and then back to TotalCommander, TotalCommander drops the selected view and shows all files again.
Since TotalCommander keeps the view state for other options ("Custom", "Programs"), I mention, this is a little bug.

----
(same in German)

Hi,

wenn man die Ansicht auf markierte Dateien beschränkt (Ansicht > "Nur markierte Dateien") und anschließend zu einem anderen Programm und zurückwechselt, wird die Ansichtsbeschränkung automatisch wieder aufgehoben.
Da die Ansichtsbeschränkung bei den anderen Optionen ("Programme", "Benutzerdefiniert") bestehen bleibt, nehme ich an, es handelt sich um einen kleinen Bug.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is normal and intentional. "Only selected files" is not a state, it's a command which can be applied multiple times. This allows to show less and less files, e.g. first show only *.doc files, then only those doc files from a specific date, and finally only those containing a specific word.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

2 behaviours…

Post by *Clo »

2donner

:) Hello!

• When you no longer need this display, press F2 to come back to the usual current mode.

• I have to admit that I've been a bit desoriented too with that command…

- I guess that options to choose its behaviour as either “One shot” (bistable) like the most users expect,
or as “Reducing the selection more and more”, like Ch. Ghisler says and like it behaves currently would be nice… :roll:

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
donner

Post by *donner »

ghisler(Author) wrote:This allows to show less and less files
Clo wrote:When you no longer need this display, press F2 to come back to the usual current mode.
I'm afraid you misunderstood me.
I know that I can show "less and less files" with this command and can come back to normal mode with F2.
The problem is, that the file selection is discarded (like F2), if TotalCommander lost the focus.

Try it:
1. Show only selected files via "Show"->"Only Selected Files"
2. Switch to another program
3. And then back to TotalCommander.

It has the same (but in this case unwanted) effect like F2.
Clo

Not for others…

Post by *Clo »

2donner

:) Hello!
…The problem is that the file selection is discarded (like F2), if TotalCommander lost the focus. …
• Right, I can confirm, and this doesn't seem normal. It doesn't occur with other usual selections…

• Aside: If this is fixed up (I hope), maybe the Author could consider the Options I proposed, forging ahead… :wink:

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

The filelist is reread when TC gets the focus back (=> same effect as F2).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
donner

Post by *donner »

Hacker wrote:The filelist is reread when TC gets the focus back (=> same effect as F2).
But this behaviour is inconsistent, because the other "Show" options (Show->"Programs","Custom") keep their selection when TC gets the focus back.

I understand that TotalCommander reread the directory, but as it remembers "normally" selected files (red-highlighted), it should remember its "Show" option settings.