wiacam - support of PTP (WIA) digital cameras

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

EricB

Post by *EricB »

Well, I had the same problems when switching to windows 7. WIACam did not function anymore, so initially I used the bloatware from Canon, which has the same drawbacks as you describe. Later on I used the Windows 7 picture import, which was at least configurable for name and date, but still a pain. The MediaAudio2 is now preferred choice, but also does not retain correct timestamps (this is camera dependent).

An alternative that may be working for you is Faststone picture viewer. It is free, very versatile but still lightweight, it can import pictures from cameras and if the dates are incorrect it can correct the timestamp batchwise to the EXIF date (date of picture taken).

It took some time, but I realised that although TC can do a lot, sometimes you just need another tool. Unless Begemot releases his source of course....

HTH,

Regards, EricB
Mikitc

Post by *Mikitc »

On Windows 7 everything works perfect natively over native WIA2.0 (NEF/JPG copy preserves all original date/EXIFs and so on) , but on XP not. I hate import feature of XP becouse it looses timestamp of files and files are ordered by import time not by real shot dates. I can correct source of WIACAM - if not available i'll write myself WIANIKONCAM:). It's quite easy FS plugin, but it is faster to correct than writing from the start.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Well, I hope you can convince Begemot to release his source. I checked and he has not been around since 2007, so maybe his personal website will give more leads: http://akorneev.web.cern.ch/akorneev/

And if you get the source, I would be very interested in an updated WIA FS Plugin ;-)

Regards, EricB
Regards, EricB