[wish] New icon for switch Ignore List

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

menet

Post by *menet »

2petermad,

I know that because I had voted to include this new extended library icons in the main package. Now there is no more the problem to limit the TC installation file size to floppy size. :P

It is noted in my first request that I want a new icon that looks like the 29th icon button of wciconex.dll file with different color and sign. 8)

It was the purpose of my topic to update the wciconex.dll file to add a new icon for the cm_SwitchIgnoreList function. :roll:

If StickyNomad or/and Christian Ghisler can take in account this request and also include this extended library icons in the main package of TC 7, I will be very happy :lol:

Best regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2menet
It is noted in my first request that I want a new icon that looks like the 29th icon button of wciconex.dll file with different color and sign.
I don't really like this idea. The icon that you suggest to use as template is the create directory icon. Exchanging the plus with a minus sign could be understood as remove directory. In addition "switch ignore list" is a toggle command. That means it shows/hides files depending on the current state. That doesn't work with the icon you suggest.
The current icon is a black list - clean and simple. At least the basic idea should be kept.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2menet
I have to agree with Lefteous. Showing a folder with a '-' sign for this command is quite ambiguous also IMO. The current metaphor with the blacklist fits quite well IMO. Your suggestion really looks more like 'remove directory' to me too.

Also, the ignore list applies to folders and files, not only to folders. So I think to visualize the ignorelist-command as a kind of blacklist is quite suitable. So thanks for your suggestion, bit I prefer the current icon.
menet

Post by *menet »

Thanks for your reply ;)
#22273 Personal licence