TC Website

Only forum where polls are allowed. You may announce a new poll in the matching support forum.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

How should TC website improve?

Design
42%
Search/Sitemap
4%
More languages
6%
More screenshots
21%
I like it just how it is now
23%
Other (Specify below)
4%

Total votes: 78

Mirek

TC Website

Post by *Mirek »

Thanks for messages :wink:
Mirek

Post by *Mirek »

Another option > More friendly to mobile-net users
nilsandrey

Post by *nilsandrey »

I vote "Other (Specify below)". To say:

- Design
- More languages !!
- More info and screenshots for plugins.
MPS

Post by *MPS »

More languages (ie. Polish)

plus:

* Sitemap
(what do you want to search for anyway? ;) besides, google > "search_term site:ghisler.com" :D )

* improved menu

* CSS! (especially link colors)
PeaceMaker

Post by *PeaceMaker »

I vote "Design"! There should be something more, like:

- extended gallery (old TC/WC look, etc.)
- some more info about the author of Total Commander (biography, pictures, etc.)
- private area for registered users (some special announcements, etc.)
[face=tahoma]LICENSE NUMBER: #101897 Single user license (since: 6th February 2004)
CURRENT VERSION: Total Commander 9.00 beta 12 (released: 31st August 2016)
[/face]
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I've voted for "Other" because I agree with nilsandrey
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

I didn't vote because the poll misses "nothing".
PeaceMaker

Post by *PeaceMaker »

2m^2

Why "Nothing" :?: You think that TC website is quite enough :!:
[face=tahoma]LICENSE NUMBER: #101897 Single user license (since: 6th February 2004)
[/face]
m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *m^2 »

Yes, I do. It's fast and contains all necessary info. And I never had any problems to find something there.
PeaceMaker

Post by *PeaceMaker »

OK, it's Your Right.
[/face]
TLis

Post by *TLis »

I also think, that the current website is fine. In the past I had only one minor complaint, abour the two-step access to the English forum. For Polish readers there is a webpage http://totalcmd.pl, which contains also most of the informations, that we need. I am Polish too, but I have never had a need of translation - the English page is clear enough.

Let's be honest - these days most of the people, that know about computers enough to have a NEED for something better that Windows Explorer for the file management, understand English at least to the level sufficient to understand the English language Total Commander web page. Those few, that do not, probably know German, French, or ... Chinese. If there are those, who do not understand a bit of those languages, they should definitely start from learning one :-)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Just my 2 cents...
Many of us know TC pros and cons. TC web page is the ugly duck's skin which is hiding beautiful swan;)
We should start at position of new users. People like some fancy styles, graphics, package above content. TC's page could be in the middle of it. Present some screenshots (one picture is like a thousand words), maybe some opinions from other sites and give more consistency in design (why left navigation menu changes between pages?). I am not a businessman but I think that first impression is very important for the customers.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

TLis

Post by *TLis »

fenix_productions, I can see your point ... Even though, personally, when looking for a new software, I do not pay as much attention to the fancy styles, graphics, etc., however I agree with you about the screenshots.

It would be very interesting to learn, what had attracted the existing customers to this software, so that they purchased a license. Was it the home page, friends opinions, reviews in the software magazines, or in other websites...

In my opinion, Total/Windows Commander, or even NC, probably won their users just by being shareware, developed since so many years.

I remember, that I just knew Norton Commander from my university times, then used Windows Commander, finally buying a personal license to use at home. This software just speaks for itself, the longer you use it :-) In these circumstances, it was not as important for the TC website to be shiny!