TConsole plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Jojo
No, I'm not kidding! :) It is very simple (but very dumb) solution. I have to enumerate all child window to find both panels. Panel, located not abow console window is neighbour panel.
If you need additional info, feel free to send your questions by email.
I'm planning to add a few features to my VSS plugin and this would be very helpful.
Just take in account: this feature will be version dependent and may not work in the next TC version.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

djk wrote:- I can't add it to Hotlist Directory with Ctrl+D - I must do it manually.
To use standard TC's shortcuts you have to put focus away from TConsole window. Click on command line before Ctrl+D. Or (you don't like mouse, right? :)) press space.
- When I type "exit" in secure mode - new window opens (with contents of console and TC title) but it is inactive - the only thing I can do with it is closing.
Command "exit" doesn't close console, but close cmd.exe and launch a new instance of cmd.exe in the same console. It is ok, but what you mean "inactive"? You cannot execute any command ???
- I can't go to secure mode if start typing in TC command line anything, even if I delete everything form the command line. I must click the TConsole with a mouse or press Esc before Alt+Ctrl+3 - is it by design?
Yes, of course. Alt+Ctrl+3 works only when focus belong to console window. When you start typing focus belong to TC!
- If I go back and then forward with an Alt+arrow the whole window looks as it switches twice. It's easy to see if you do it like this: In the left panel I go to TConsole, in the right I have F: disk opened. TConsole opens with C:\ path. Then I go back and forward. I can see how TConnsole opens with C:\ path and then swithes to F:\
I'll fix it in the next version.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

VadiMGP wrote:Click on command line before Ctrl+D. Or (you don't like mouse, right? :)) press space.
Thanks, it works. (You know me... :-) )
VadiMGP wrote: It is ok, but what you mean "inactive"? You cannot execute any command ???
I can execute commands in the new console (in TC panel) but the previous console (with the results of my commands where I've typed "exit") opens in a new separate window and I can't type there anything.
I use WinXP Pro at the moment.

BTW: I hope you will support NT too, cause I also often use it.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2djk
previous console (with the results of my commands where I've typed "exit") opens in a new separate window
Ok, i'll check it.

About NT support. I'll check what can i do, but i cannot to promise anything. :(
za222

Post by *za222 »

When i open the console in TC i only see this:

Image: http://home.arcor.de/sebastianratz/tconsole.jpg

After right mouse & Detach i see it

What could be the reason for this?
za222

Post by *za222 »

I think i have solved the problem:

My vertical line buffer was set to 500
Now, with 200 it works!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2za222
On my computer it works with buffer up to 700 lines. Can you check if it works with other buffer size (400 or 600 lines), please?
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

2VadiMGP
thanks a lot for the hint!
za222

Post by *za222 »

VadiMGP wrote:2za222
On my computer it works with buffer up to 700 lines. Can you check if it works with other buffer size (400 or 600 lines), please?
I tested many values (up to 800) but the highest i can put in, so that it works, is 215 :shock:

My current settings are the following:

--Screen buffer size--
Width: 110
Height: 215

--Window Size--
Height: 30
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Not only does TConsole not display text properly in the ^Q window on my computer (I suspect it is writing black text to the black background... my display is in 32bit mode) it also disables the cm_ExecuteDOS command in my TC Tools menu.

TConsole is a great idea and I certainly would have used it today for something if it had worked.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2za222
This is problem! I didn't take in account console width! Mea culpa! :oops:

2JohnFredC
I really have not any idea what cause a problem in your case. :shock:
But i don't think the problem is "black on black". Tconsole uses standard concole colors. Did you try to use "color" command? Ex. "color 1f"? And what you mean ^Q? There is nothing related to "quick view". How do you open TConsole window?
BTW Can you check if it work on another computer?
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

2 VadiMGP

My mistake. I meant file panel, not ^Q, which displays the TC lister view in a panel. (got my thoughts mixed up, sorry).

I double-click on TConsole in the TC Network Neighborhood panel and the file panel immediate goes black. When I enter something into the TC commandline, the scroll bar for the black panel moves down, indicating that text was written there. The text is not visible.

When I select "Detach" from the options, TConsole appears in a floating window. The text that was posted (in black) then appears in its appropriate colors.

TConsole is clearly working in undetached mode, but whatever method it uses to write text to the "undetached" panel is writing it in the background color. Perhaps the canvas is in the wrong painting mode?

Anyway... it will be a while before I can try TConsole on another machine. I'll watch the posts here.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2JohnFredC
What is window size and screen buffer size of detached console?
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

What is window size and screen buffer size of detached console?
Hi VadiMGP

Screen buffer size 1152x864
Window size is 92x52

I tried changing the color-depth to 16bit, but no diffference.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2JohnFredC
Screen buffer size 1152x864
No, i told about conole screen buffer size in chars! You can see it in console properties via menu in the upper left corner of detached console. 1152x864 - is screen resolution in pixels!
Anyway, try to set lower values like this:
--Window Size--
Width: 80
Height: 25
--Screen buffer size--
Width: 80
Height: 200