TConsole plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

TConsole plugin

Post by *VadiMGP »

Well, first release of TConsole plugin is available here:
ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/tconsole13.zip

Main features:
- Run both 32 and 16-bit console applications
- Allow to set custom command processor.
- Detach current console and run a new instance when full-screen application is started.
- Allow avoid storing some strings in TC history by switching into "secure" mode (Alt+Ctrl+3). Secure mode cancelled by ENTER or ESC key.
- Set (sync) console current directory to directory from other panel.

Requirements:
TC 5.51
Windows 2000 or XP
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Thanks VadiMGP,

Doesn't it support Win.9x or WinNT?
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Doesn't it support Win.9x or WinNT?
Sorry, no. May be later (if there will be many NT users) i'll add support for NT, but Windows 9x doesn't have console management at all, and it is almost impossible to build reliable console plugin.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I'm getting a slight conflict problem. I have TC to search in the filelist with letters plus the dialog box. This causes a slight problem if the focus leaves the command prompt. Nothing really serious; otherwise good work!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2pdavit Do you mean search by Alt+Ctrl+<letter>? And what happens if you set TC search settings for Alt+<letter>?
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

2VadiMGP

The console seems like a good idea, and appears to be working, but I see no text. Apparently the text in the window is black, and since the window background is black, so I see nothing.

Any hints?

Thanx

PS. WinXP/32bit Color
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

I should add that detaching the console reveals the text in the proper colors...

Thanks
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2JohnFredC
1. What OS you use? What languages are installed? What is language of system locale?
2. Try use another font, i.e Lucida Console.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Hi VadiMGP

32bit color
Only English installed
Locale is North America, or whatever.

TConsole is definitely writing to the panel. For instance, if I enter DIR, the panel scroll bar moves down proportionally to the number of files in the currrent directory.

I have tried several different fonts, including Lucida console (was using Terminal)... none display in the panel unless it is detached, then everything that was written to the console window before it was detached displays properly.

Perhaps we need a font color option in the font setting...???

Thanx
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

VadiMGP wrote:2pdavit Do you mean search by Alt+Ctrl+<letter>? And what happens if you set TC search settings for Alt+<letter>?
No, that wouldn't be a problem since you are using a key combination. The problem occurs when I have the option to "Letters - with search dialog". I haven't tried it but probably you will get a similar behavior by using the "Letter Only" option. The reason is that by starting typing a DOS command for execution TC triggers the search option, which gets activated. Of course, as I said on my previous post this is only applicable if the focus is on the console window and there's absolutely no problem if the focus is on the command line bit of TC. It is natural I guess and probably a workaround will be if you could automatically send the focus to the command line if somehow the console windows gets it (the focus) by a user action. Of course, you should make sure to deactivate that after the termination of the console window otherwise you won't be able to work on the filelist where the console was loaded (since you will be taken automatically to the command line). Just a thought! The problem is not really annoying for me anyway!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2pdavit
Ah, i see!
workaround will be if you could automatically send the focus to the command line if somehow the console windows gets it (the focus) by a user action.
Good idea! I'll check it.
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

Thanks VadiMPG for great plugin, I'm going to use it everyday!
Can you reveal how do you retreive name of directory for second panel for the sync dir function?
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2JohnFredC
Currently i have no idea why it happens. :shock:
Perhaps we need a font color option in the font setting...???
No, text/background color should be the same as in the real console.
You can change colors via standard "color" command.

Try change buffer/window size in detached console.

2Jojo
From the panel title. :wink:
Jojo

Post by *Jojo »

2VadiMPG:

tricky answer :)

can I have the bit of code which handles this, please.
I'm planning to add a few features to my VSS plugin and this would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Some notes:

- I can't add it to Hotlist Directory with Ctrl+D - I must do it manually.

- When I type "exit" in secure mode - new window opens (with contents of console and TC title) but it is inactive - the only thing I can do with it is closing.

- I can't go to secure mode if start typing in TC command line anything, even if I delete everything form the command line. I must click the TConsole with a mouse or press Esc before Alt+Ctrl+3 - is it by design?

- If I go back and then forward with an Alt+arrow the whole window looks as it switches twice. It's easy to see if you do it like this: In the left panel I go to TConsole, in the right I have F: disk opened. TConsole opens with C:\ path. Then I go back and forward. I can see how TConnsole opens with C:\ path and then swithes to F:\
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl