TConsole plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2VadiMGP
Sorry, I don't know your email address, would you tell me? Mine is Sprime@eyou.com .
Double-byte character should hold two spaces, but in TConsole, it only has one, and my OS is Windows XP Chinese Edition

BTW: My network is poor, maybe you can see that picture now. :)
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Shanny
My email address is in the readme.txt. :wink:

PS Try to change the default font to some Unicode font.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2VadiMGP
Change font is no use.
I've sent a mail to you. :?
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

I think this is a BUG.

TConsole 1.4, while the TC's window style is Horizontal Arrangement(Two windows arrange horizontally), when I enter the TConsole, the Console is shown on the other window, not the active window.

VadiMGP, thx for your nice plugin!
Last edited by WatchUer on 2003-09-11, 14:21 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
henrich.fukna

Post by *henrich.fukna »

Does work plugin under WinME ?
thx
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2henrich.fukna

look at ValiMGPs first posting: requirements Windows 2000 or XP
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi,
How do I actually close the console window?

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
corny

Post by *corny »

Hacker wrote:Hi,
How do I actually close the console window?
I think by pressing a drive button or by using Alt-F1/F2.
Maybe using exit would be an option for future versions...
Regards,
Cornelis
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2WatchUer
Yes, I forgot about horizontal splitting. :oops:

2henrich.fukna
I'm sorry, Win9x currently is not supported. I'v got several requests for NT support, but for 9x - two only (including your :)). If there will be many 9x users i'll try to release appropriate plugin version.

2Hacker
If you mark "Close on Hide" checkbox, console will be closed every time when you hide TConsole window (Alt+F1/F2, drive combo, whatever).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

If you mark "Close on Hide" checkbox, console will be closed every time when you hide TConsole window (Alt+F1/F2, drive combo, whatever).
Well, either I misunderstand you or it doesn't work. Pressing Alt-F1, c, or Alt-F2, c doesn't work, neither does pressing the C drive button on the drive bar. The drive gets changed, but the console window is redrawn over the listbox. Close console on hide is checked, BTW.
Windows XP.

TIA
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Hacker wrote:The drive gets changed, but the console window is redrawn over the listbox.

OK. It is seems i misunderstand you. I thought you speak about hidden real console window, but you speak about TConsole window (the visible one), right?

What pathname appears in the title above listbox? "\\\TConsole" ? What pathname appears in the command line?

What OS, processor and TC version you use?
Do you use horizontal splitting in TC?

BTW If Alt+F1/F2 doesn't work it mean you work in secure mode? Try non-secure mode.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Strange, it suddenly works... The pathname did not matter, even if I changed to C:\ the TConsole window stayed on top. It was with XP, Pentium 4 1.8, TC 5.51 and no horizontal splitting. Alt-F1 and F2 did work (the drive was changed) but the TConsole window did not disappear.

Now it works.

Thank you anyways
Roman
robinsiebler

Post by *robinsiebler »

Selecting 'Start in Secure Mode' did not work for me. If I closed TConsole and reopened it, it would not be in secure mode. I had to manually edit the ini file before this setting was saved.

Also, what is the fastest way to exit TConsole and go back to a normal pane?
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Mmm, I would also like to see a win9x version of the plugin. Yeah, i'm still living in the dinosaur's age of win9x.

Bye!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2robinsiebler
1. This is bug with saving "Start in Secure Mode" option. It will be fixed in the next version.

2. In secure mode all keys (except Alt-Ctrl-1/2/3) and system keys like Alt-Ctrl-Del, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Esc etc) routed directly to the console. So when you use "Start in secure mode" option you have to use the mouse to leave the console window. Click on the drive combo, doubleclick on the panel caption or click on the another panel and use any TC's key (Alt-F1/F2, Ctrl-Left etc).