F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

byblo

Post by *byblo »

Shanny wrote:Seems this change cannot make everyone happy, maybe we need a new option to choose its behavior as user like...
Ah if you can make this optional, that would be perfect for everybody.
Shanny wrote:What's the bug in 0.50? thanks!
Its not clear. Sometimes I get the menu, even with registered files that are supposed to open directly with the associated editor.
It happens randomly and its rare. But maybe I did something wrong?
I need to test it more before giving feedback about some possible bug.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Sometimes I get the menu, even with registered files that are supposed to open directly with the associated editor.
What's your shortcut key settings?
Or could you please to share your F4Menu.ini
TCEE, TCPP, F4Menu -- Shanny
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Shanny wrote:
Sometimes I get the menu, even with registered files that are supposed to open directly with the associated editor.
What's your shortcut key settings?
Or could you please to share your F4Menu.ini
Sorry. I modified it since. If it happens again I'll send you the ini file.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Hi, Shanny! Unfortunately I'm coming with new bugs.

Try to add new editor in 0.50 f using 'Other program' item. You'll see error that editor parameters is invalid. If you at this moment open INI, you'll see that there is no section with such index, but new section is added with greater index. Then, if you click OK two times (in error message and in settings dialog) you will see that two new sections are added - one with new editor and one as copy of previously existing editor.

Also when you remove editors, something strange happens. If this editor is last, its section remains in file and number of editors decreased (but if you add new editor, it gets index of free section so deleted editor returns). If I delete middle editor, all editors are shifted but last editor's section remains in file. It must be deleted instead.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

http://www.shanny.com.cn/f4menu

[2010-10-08 0.51]
+ F4Menu.ini [Option] OpenSel=0 open selected files without regard to cursor position (thanks to byblo@tc)
! Add/Remove editors does not work normally (thanks to MVV@tc)
* Language update: Danish (thanks to petermad@tc)
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

2 MVV
Thanks for your bug report:)
I've fixed it in 0.51.

2 byblo
For your case, you can try to set F4Menu.ini [Option] OpenSel=1 now
:D
byblo

Post by *byblo »

Thank you :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thank you, Shanny. In F4Menu 0.51 adding and removing editors work fine.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

I've found an instance where F4 menu fails badly.

If you use one of the plugin managers, like PlugMan 2.2.3 -- and you click on [Config] for MultiArc, the next dialog has a button: [Edit multiarc.ini]

F4Menu's context menu pops up, and a MsgBox for PlugMan
"There is an external editor editing multiarc.ini file, you have to finish it to continue editing multiarc.ini"
[Terminate editing]
If you click on F4Menu's context menu to choose an editor, then nothing happens. If you click on the PlugMan's msgbox [Terminate editing] -- you then get an empty editor instance.

When using ChoiceEditor, it's dialog opens; and after choosing an editor multiarc.ini is opened.

I even tried setting background Mode for F4 menu AND setting an editor for .ini, in this case the context menu still pops up and still get an empty editor instance.

As well if I change my TC config/F4 Editor to something like: "notepad.exe", then the multiarc.ini is opened normally as well.

Note: the first item of the context menu is: "Application"
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Balderstrom
I studied this bug and find the root cause,
PlugMan doesn't quote the ini path when it contains space, for example, the path maybe

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\TotalCmd\wincmd.ini
F4Menu doesnot handle this case but consider there are two files "C:\Program" and "Files\TotalCmd\wincmd.ini" ...
I'll fix it soon.

And, there's another bug in PlugMan side: it cannot launch F4 editor which contains parameter, for example "notepad.exe -f"
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Shanny, interesting how you will fix such bug:) I think it is PlugMan trouble. It must quote names with spaces. So it is PlugMan's developer should fix it.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

PlugMan is a buggy piece of software for sure. I just thought I'd mention it. ;)
There's another PluginManager that is a FileSystem plugin that works ok, but it's tempermental as well.

Though either way they are better implementations than TC native - especially if you are testing plugins for problems and need to be adding/removing enabling/disabling again and again.

Note: I think the config in question is actually Multiarc's as you'll get a similiar dialog from the other plugin manager as well. Unfortunately, Multiarc is a necessary evil. Out of all the things that I find somewhat lacking in TC I would say the lack of built-in archive handling is by far the most egregious. I have a code background and even I find the config/ini of Multiarc to be ludicrous. Those types of strings should be baked into a DLL :P
Last edited by Balderstrom on 2010-10-09, 06:10 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

MVV
Since notepad can handle this case, so F4Menu must should handle it too.
Actually I've fixed it and will release new beta later.
Just need check whether the whole command line is a file path or not, if is, then need not care the space.

Certainly, the second issue which I mentioned is PlugMan's bug, need its developer fix it.
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

http://www.shanny.com.cn/f4menu/

0.52b1

! Cannot handle the filename parameter which contains space but not enclosed by quota (thanks to Balderstrom)
Shanny

Post by *Shanny »

Balderstrom wrote: Note: I think the config in question is actually Multiarc's as you'll get a similiar dialog from the other plugin manager as well. Unfortunately, Multiarc is a necessary evil. Out of all the things that I find somewhat lacking in TC I would say the lack of built-in archive handling is by far the most egregious. I have a code background and even I find the config/ini of Multiarc to be ludicrous. Those types of strings should be baked into a DLL :P
Sure, it's wonderful if Ghisler can implement such function in TC.