F4Menu for all v0.58

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Hi, Shanny, where are you? :)

I found another bug. Under W7 your tool doesn't allow to edit files if path contains system symbolic link or junction. Here a test with same file but via diferent paths:
C:\Users\Me\1.txt - OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\1.txt - ERROR

In second case F4Menu passes to editor just path "C:\Documents and Settings\" instead of full path.

Please note that C:\Documents and Settings is a special junction folder that can't be entered because of access rights, you only can enter its subfolders like "C:\Documents and Settings\Me" (Windows doesn't allow to list contents of "C:\Documents and Settings\" but allows to list contents of its subfolders).
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

Shanny wrote:http://www.shannycn.com/f4menu/

[2010-11-30 0.59]
Shanny, your site doesn't work. At least it's impossible to download any file. I stuck with 0.55 version and have some problems so I'd like to download an updated version.
Thanks for your effort and share.

[Update]
Could somebody upload the latest (v 0.59) F4Menu since Shanny's web page is inaccessible?
Thanks in advance.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Umpal, get it here (or direct). It seems that I've removed some extra LNG files but you may use yours. The only message that was changed since 0.50 is #80.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

You can get it here with all .lng files: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/f4menu_0.59.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

Guys, thank you very much.
MVV wrote:(...) The only message that was changed since 0.50 is #80.
I see there aren't too much changes. I experience some issues and had hope they were fixed. Anyway it's very useful tool.

Regards
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Anybody has some news on Shanny or possible updates for F4Menu??
More than two years nothing happened, even his webpage is not existing anymore.
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

<shameless self promotion>
@solid: if you happen to be an AutoHotkey user you may find this AHK F4Menu clone to be of interest: F4MiniMenu - http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=35721
</shameless self promotion>
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

@2hi5
I was aware of your program, but I guess the description as minimalistic clone of F4Menu, get me away. Thanks for reminding me, I'll check it more carefully.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

As for me, normal F4Menu works fine (except some rare crashes).
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Besides the bug with Win key, works great, I'll stick with it, not changing it with F4MiniMenu. Just was wondering what's going on with Shanny.
I feel that many long time forum members are missing.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

What bug? I'm using F4 for associated edit and Win+F4 for always show menu, works fine.
solid wrote:Just was wondering what's going on with Shanny.
Yeah, that's interesting...
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

MVV wrote:What bug? I'm using F4 for associated edit and Win+F4 for always show menu, works fine.
hmmm
MVV wrote:3. It seems that Win key detection in Windows 7 doesn't work. If I set Win+F4 for foreground mode, F4Menu is always started in background one. Same effect if someone try to set Win+F4 for default mode.
If there is solution to this, I haven't found it. Just using ESC and works fine.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I use F4 for background mode and Win+F4 for foreground one.
Here my main config section:
[Options]
MaxFiles=16
Position=1
Tooltips=18
Unselect=1
RunMode=266496
Cancelling=0
DefMode=3076
ShellMenu=1
ShowMultiMatch=1
And there is no association with Win+F4 in TC.

Ah, looked into options dialog, I've set Win+(Any) for foreground mode to make it working. :)
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

MVV wrote:I use F4 for background mode and Win+F4 for foreground one.

Ah, looked into options dialog, I've set Win+(Any) for foreground mode to make it working. :)
I use the opposite, F4 fg, Win+F4 for bg.

Thanks for the tip. Win+any works. I had it set Win+F4 but it didn't work, that's why i thought it is a bug.
Anyway, I don't get the meaning of that part of the options, but now everything works ok, so it does not matter anymore.
Umpal

Post by *Umpal »

MVV wrote:As for me, normal F4Menu works fine (except some rare crashes).
Hello again. I'm still stuck with F4Menu because for me there is no satisfactory alternative. I didn't give a try to F4MiniMenu because it requires AutoHotkey installation which I don't want to use (especially when I'm using my portable USB with ton of plugins and stuff in TC that simply works from the moment I plug it in).

Recently, I'm being annoyed a lot by F4Menu in a very specific situation: While I have running in background Windnows 7 in Virtual Box I get it crashed almost every single time I'm trying to use F4. I do not get it. What's wrong with this tool? What methods it uses that produces so many crashes? I'd wish somebody had it recompiled with other version of MS VStudio and got rid of those annoyances. Yet, I still love this tiny tool waiting for a miracle :-)

PS What happened to Shanny? There is no word from him nor about him. I hope he's alright leading happy life somewhere there...