DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pcpro

How to use ??

Post by *pcpro »

I too have an issue about the unstallation/use..

I installed the plugin !
Its now in the plugin subfolder.
But HOW do I use it ?
I cant see it anywhere in any menu, nor if i rightclick on a folder for example...
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2pcpro
You can find some examples in the documentation:
http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/docs/dirsizecalc/readme.htm#use
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Plugin has problems with language support in two cases

- Windows 8 Developer Preview (english) with Tc64 ("deu") does not take german language. (But with Tc32 (in same Folder with the same configuration files) "deu" language setting is taken).

- To have dirsizecalc size (and other) columns with and without following junctions side by side in the same userdefined view , it is (unfortunately, but at least it's possible) necessary for setting the different options, to install the plugin under a different name (eg. dirsizecalc1. *) to another plugin folder (eg. dirsizecalc\1\). In this case the language is not taken from dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc1.lng, but also not taken from dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc.lng (as in the case of the ini, in which dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc.ini works well).

JOUBE
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2JOUBE
Hi,
Windows 8 Developer Preview (english) with Tc64 ("deu") does not take german language. (But with Tc32 (in same Folder with the same configuration files) "deu" language setting is taken).
I could not reproduce this problem in Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 Bit. I'm not using the Developer Preview anymore. Maybe the problem has been solved in the meantime?
To have dirsizecalc size (and other) columns with and without following junctions side by side in the same userdefined view , it is (unfortunately, but at least it's possible) necessary for setting the different options, to install the plugin under a different name (eg. dirsizecalc1. *) to another plugin folder (eg. dirsizecalc\1\). In this case the language is not taken from dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc1.lng, but also not taken from dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc.lng (as in the case of the ini, in which dirsizecalc\1\dirsizecalc.ini works well).
This should be possible by creating a custom field and change the reparse point settings - no need to clone the plugin.
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Lefteous wrote:This should be possible by creating a custom field and change the reparse point settings - no need to clone the plugin.
Because in general I edit ini files directly, I have not noticed, that there is an Button "Add" in the config program. But now: Adding one new custom field, shows the prinzip, so I can add the other custom field directly in the ini. What can I say: It works.

JOUBE
Orochi

Post by *Orochi »

Lefteous,

Does your plugin support descending order for directories by size?
I noticed it only works for files not for directories. Couldn't find anything in the settings either.

Thanks.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Orochi

Try changing TC's setting: "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Display" -> "Sorting directories" to: "Like files (also by time)"

If you also want to be able to sort directories by type, you have to add SortDirExt=1 to the [Configuration] section of your wincmd.ini file.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Orochi

Post by *Orochi »

petermad

You are amazing! Your advice worked very well. :)
Thank you.
XIIVIIXVI

64bit DirSizeCalc ignores DirSizeCalc.lng

Post by *XIIVIIXVI »

It looks like 64bit DirSizeCalc ignores DirSizeCalc.lng.
It gives different view in 32 and 64 TotCmd.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2XIIVIIXVI
Thanks for your report. I'll try to find a solution as soon as possible.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Current version 2.21
A new version is ready for download. 2.21 fixes cache problems, improves symbolic link handling and fixes the language file problem in the 64 bit version.

The complete list of changes can be viewed online.

Plugin page: Download, description und documentation
totalcmd.net
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Note: the link in previous message: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/dirsizecalc_eng.htm points to version 2.15

Version 2.21 can be downloaded here:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/dirsizecalc.html
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
klappa

Post by *klappa »

How can i make the dirs sort after size?

And do i have to create a plugin folder in the tc home directory?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2christianh
You can find an option on the 'Operation' page in the settings dialog. It's a general option which isn't limited to this plugin.
No, you don't have to. I think it's the most common way to integrate plugin but you put it wherever you want.
klappa

Post by *klappa »

Lefteous wrote:2christianh
You can find an option on the 'Operation' page in the settings dialog. It's a general option which isn't limited to this plugin.
No, you don't have to. I think it's the most common way to integrate plugin but you put it wherever you want.
Seems i can't find that option. I only find the "Calculate space occupied..." option.

I just unzipped the dirsize plugin to my desktop but i don't need to keep it there after i configured it in TC? I can delete it?