DirSizeCalc 2.22 (content plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

I just did the same search in both cases:
dirsizecalc.Size = 0

Is there a difference in results by whatever reason?

Then I should start using dirsizecalc.empty = true ...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Nasenmann,
Empty = no files.
Size 0 = million files of size 0.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Is there a difference in results by whatever reason?
Empty = no files.
Size 0 = million files of size 0.
Not exactly. Empty means empty - no files and no folders. Size 0 may include (many) files of size 0 as well as empty folders or folders containing 0 byte files.

Aside form the result these things are calculated quite differently. Even if the nuances in the results doesn't matter to you using 'Empty', 'Contains files' and 'Contains subdirectories' are highly recommended for these kind of tasks. While 'Size' always lists all files, it can take quite a long time to sum them all up. The three fields handling more or less empty folder structures stop their calculation immediately when something is found that answers the field names' question; e.g. when a folder is found in 'Contains subdirectories' calculation is stopped.
spitfire_ch

Post by *spitfire_ch »

First of all, thanks for creating this awesome plugin!

Is there any chance you could implement decimals? I use GiB quite often, but without decimals it's not precise enough. Instead of 5 GiB I would like it to display 4.7 GiB. Maybe an option to define the number of decimals would be helpful, too.

Of course I can use MiB instead of GiB. But then I have to calculate myself if I want to know the size in GiB.

Thank you very much for considering this!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2spitfire_ch
If I understood correctly it should be already there. Start DirSizeCalcSettings.exe. Create a custom unit (or change an existing unit) and take a look at the formatting settings.
Operater

Post by *Operater »

hi!
is there possibility (in configurations) to show size of seleceted/current folder (or I don't see them)?
Another questions, why I get error when try to open file from DirSizeCal quick view panel (when try to do same with DIR, it's ok)
1. by computer
2. install TC
3. install OS
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Operater
is there possibility (in configurations) to show size of seleceted/current folder (or I don't see them)?
There is a TC command to do that. It's called cm_LoadSelOnDemandFields. The great thing about it is that you can select multiple folder - not just one as in the TC internal solution.
To load all field use cm_LoadAllOnDemandFields.
Another questions, why I get error when try to open file from DirSizeCal quick view panel (when try to do same with DIR, it's ok)
I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean the information message when you click on a file in 'DirSizeCalc Charts' ('Files cannot be opened')?
Operater

Post by *Operater »

Lefteous wrote: I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean the information message when you click on a file in 'DirSizeCalc Charts' ('Files cannot be opened')?
Yes, exactly that
1. by computer
2. install TC
3. install OS
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Operater
Yes, exactly that
What did you expect? DirSizeCalc Charts is not a file browser. Anyway I can add it if it isn't to much effort.
Operater

Post by *Operater »

Do't be angry on me.
I thought that I have error on my computer
1. by computer
2. install TC
3. install OS
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Operater
Do't be angry on me.
I thought that I have error on my computer
That wasn't meant offensive at all. I'm sorry if you understand my reply this way.

So my question really was what behavior you would expect.
1) A better phrased information message.
2) Really opening the file
3) Nothing should happen
4) Any other ideas?
Operater

Post by *Operater »

I expect really openin the file
if isn't planned, then without message 'Files cannot be opened' (it's little confusing)
1. by computer
2. install TC
3. install OS
eugenesv

Folder size shows size of symlinks even when follow is unset

Post by *eugenesv »

I've disabled all "follow mount points" and "follow junction points and symbolic links" in the options, and yet folder size calculations include the size of the targets of symlinks
Is there any way to disable it? I don't want to see that my folder is 10Gb when in fact it's empty and just has a symlink pointing to a 10Gb folder.
Thank you

Using Windows 10 and TC 8.52a x64 and latest addon 2.22
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2eugenesv
I've disabled all "follow mount points" and "follow junction points and symbolic links" in the options, and yet folder size calculations include the size of the targets of symlinks
I could not reproduce your observation. Please post or mail your dirsizecalc.ini settings file.
wlaci

Post by *wlaci »

hi Lefteous
I started using your plugin about 4 months ago, cause i need something that will autocalculate the dirsizes which i could then put into ascending or descending order.
today i installed v2.22, but i can no longer put the calculated sizes in ascending/descending order.
is this intended, or am i doing something wrong?
thanks.
using total commander 8.52 x64 on win7