Suggestions: Folder merge and folder suffix

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Beano

Suggestions: Folder merge and folder suffix

Post by *Beano »

I have two suggestions for TC... sorry if other people allready have suggested it ;)

1) It would be nice if TC was able to merge folders.

Imagine two folders : "c:\My Data" and "c:\My Data New".
If I rename "c:\My Data New" to "c:\My Data", TC asks if the "c:\My Data New" folder (and files) should be moved into "c:\My Data" folder so the result is "c:\My Data\My Data New".

If would be really nice if TC could ask the user (an extra option when renaming folders) to merge the two folders (with all sub-folders and files or course) together so the result is "c:\My Data" without the "My Data New" sub-folder.

I hope I explain this well enough ;)

This "Folder Merge" feature could maybe also be added to the TC menu so the user could select which folders to be merged togeter as one that way.

2) Suggest folder suffix when creating new folder with existing name.

If the user attempts to create a folder which already exists (example "c:\My Data") TC will give a "directory allready exists" error. It would be nice if TC suggests a new folder name with a number suffix, example "c:\My Data (2)"

Thats all for now - hope other people find these suggestion relevant also ;)

/B
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

1) It would be nice if TC was able to merge folders.
What's wrong with the Move function ?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Beano

Post by *Beano »

Nothing - but there are to many steps involved when you want to merge many folders.

Something more easy and intuative would be nice.

Anyway - yesteday I made my own "Folder Merge" tool which works perfectly with TC. It still need a bit more work and options but if people are interested in it, they can get a copy soon. Maybe that can inspire Christian Ghisler to make something similar in TC :)

/B