ButtonBar eXtended (with macro support)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

WhACKO

Post by *WhACKO »

Samuel wrote:
Is there a way to open a drop down bar while using BBX (not sure how this could work, maybe just pass the original bar to TC, instead going through BBX.exe)?
I am not sure what you mean. Do you want to have a "BBX_DropDown.bar" to be accessible in your main bar as dropdown menu? This could be done easy with Version 2.1 (see below):
Create a "DropDown.bar" and create a button to "ButtonBar eXtended.exe". Use the following as parameter:

Code: Select all

-c "%%COMMANDER_PATH%%\DropDown.bar" "%%COMMANDER_PATH%%\Main.bar"
Notice the third parameter and its "-c" instead of "-d".

Now add your button-groups in edit-mode and switch to view-mode (Main.bar). Add a button to the Main.bar calling: "%COMMANDER_PATH%\BBX_DropDown.bar" (with checked option "show as menu")

Thats it you could use the extended DropDown ButtonBar in your Main menu. If you want to edit it use "Edit this ButtonBar eXtended" in the DropDown menu. Then add or change ButtonGroups and switch to view-mode (main ButtonBar).
Now this was confusing... I think I got what the idea is behind this, but can you add a drop down button to be called with modifier keys (as a second button, with c tooltip in e.g.)?

And does drag and drop work on macro buttons (just the first one)?
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Now this was confusing... I think I got what the idea is behind this, but can you add a drop down button to be called with modifier keys (as a second button, with c tooltip in e.g.)?
No you cant. TC doesn't support to open Buttonbar menus in em_commands. Add your "support++" line in the topic there.

I was talking about using the features of BBX in a dropdown menu.
And does drag and drop work on macro buttons (just the first one)?
No. And I cant make this work. TC only sends parameters if the parameter field is empty. But in fact I have to use it for identifying the current em_command series.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Updated first post: Version 2.2 is available.

Version 2.2
 - Fixed some bugs in the MouseTool.
 - Nothing else has been changed.
Thanks to Balderstorm for the idea of code improvement.

Did something change on Skydrive? When I download there with Firefox the file gets an underline "_" appended. (at the front and the back!) IE just works fine. Does Microsoft wants to exclude FF users?

Removing the underlines works.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

I just realized a bug in the MouseTool:
Its not possible to move files by dragging them with the left mouse key and additional pressing the right mouse key. TC only copies the file then. (Its a problem with "KeyWait" in Ahk)

I tried and cannot solve it. I for myself stopped using the MouseTool. I got used to the other modifier keys (ctrl, alt, shift) anyway.

Internal support of the mousekeys would help.
brahman

Post by *brahman »

OK, thanks for the explanation.

I tried a work-around using ButtonBar eXtended: I added a button for TC with parameters: /O /T /L="path to startmenu"
Then to the right of that a button with cm_DirBranch and m in tooltips. Separately the buttons execute correctly.

Now when I go to view Button bar, they correctly combine to one button, but strangely cm_DirBranch is not executed permanently. It seems for a fraction of a second I can see the files, but then just my startmenu folder as usual is shown. :(

If I change cm_DirBranch to another command, the execution is fine.

This would satisfy my request if it would work. Do you have any idea what I can do to get it running?

Thanks,

B.

[mod]This and the next three posts were moved from QuickSearch eXtended.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

With ButtonBar eXtended it works fine to use "ahk_Sleep" here. Play around with the time.

See help how to set up this command.
brahman

Post by *brahman »

Thanks, the value of 100 worked fine here.

BTW - in usercmd.ini Buttonbar X writes the full path to TC in the [em_BBX_1st>2] entry. I tried to change it to %%Commander_Path%% but every time BX starts, it overwrites it.

I believe this breaks portability for TC.

Could you change this to %%Commander_Path%%?

Thank you for your great work with these extensions.

Regards,

Brahman
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

AFAIR environmental variables are possible everywhere but in the OPENBAR entry. (the last entry in the usercmd.ini) Its a restriction of TC.

If you manage to open a bar with a em_command and with an environmental variable, tell me how.

Perhaps a mod can move the last 4 posts to ButtonBar eXtended.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Samuel wrote:Updated first post: Version 2.2 is available.
Totalcmd.net download link to v2.1 doesn't work. Why you didn't upload plugin file and source code to totalcmd.net? IMHO it's better to post skydrive links as alternative download sources in plugin description.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Mh Thx - Fixed.

For me its another thing to do on an update so I decided to only use Skydrive.
brahman

Possible Bug when zipped file is opened

Post by *brahman »

Hi Samuel,

when I have a zipped file open in the active tab and then press the button bar extended button after editing my button bar, I get the error: "This function cannot be used with packed files".
Regards, Brahman
Win10 Pro x64
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

The reason for this is that the parameter contains "%%":

-d "%%ProgramFiles%%\totalcmd\Button Bar.bar"
This is one of the strings (like "%P", "%N", "%S") that are replaced by TC.
If TC replaces this strings it checks if the current directory is an archive file, because many programs wouldn't work properly when called like: "prog C:\archive.zip\testfile.txt" So TC sends the warning instead. AFAIR for simplicity Christian also did this check if there are no real parameters at all. (only "%%")

As a workaround since TC 7.5 pb8 you can add %Z to make parameters work also within archives:

-d "%Z%%ProgramFiles%%\totalcmd\Button Bar.bar"
As it looks strange and would confuse I will not change it in ButtonBar eXtended.
neverthelesshello

Post by *neverthelesshello »

he he, just watched the video, I havent a clue whats going on ! dont think I will be trying to figure this one out.
What you dont see is what you get!
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Perhaps you should pause the video from time to time, to read the comments. Or just read the readme.
I know this video is not perfect. Feel free to do a better one.
jjk

Post by *jjk »

Cheers, Samuel

I just wanted to thank you for ButtonBar Extended, which enhances very much TC for me.
It is one of my first favorites add-ons for TC.