Overwrite all is not 'all' when packing separate archives

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

activekim

Overwrite all is not 'all' when packing separate archives

Post by *activekim »

When packing several folder to separate archives (Alt-F5, Create separate archives, one per selected file/dir)

If I want update archive if there is already same named one. Overwrite all just work for that archive. next archive ask again and no way to overwrite all.

this process has no background processing, so have to keep watching and clicking...

packing usally takes long time. so i think overwrite all (or skip all) option must preceed before found. oherwise overwrite/skip dialog must have ~ all over selected file/dir option too.

excuse my poor english.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The "All" of "Overwrite all" only refers to the current archive, not to all archives, sorry. There would need to be two separate options "Overwrite all files in the current archive" and "Overwrite all files in all archives", but such buttons would be too large and too difficult to understand...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

Text, neutral and…

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)

:) Good evening,

• There could be an inactive text control and two buttons not too large like :
Overwrite ALL files in :
[Current archive] [All archives]
- Just a thought…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials