[STW] T.com Fatal Error In BTM Stream

This forum contains bug reports from previous beta tests - the issue has remained unresolved, either because it couldn't be reproduced, or couldn't be prevented/fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

St. Wolf

[STW] T.com Fatal Error In BTM Stream

Post by *St. Wolf »

So, subject -)
I just copying the .wmv video file and all the time this error. Never see it before! What is this???

http://depositfiles.com/files/8815424

P.S. T.com 7.04a on WinXP SP3
St. Wolf is here...
MAM-system Corporation
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2St. Wolf
Please put the screenshot elsewhere (at least imageshack) or use Ctrl+C to copy window's text (it will work if this is standard message box) and paste it here.

I'd like to take a look on it and help but depositfiles says that "the link is now obsolete".
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

St. Wolf

Post by *St. Wolf »

Ok.
The MessageBox (or like this...) with caption "Total Commander" and Alert (Yllow Exclamation Sign) and text says: "Fatal error in BTM thread, aborting!" and "OK" button. That's all -)
St. Wolf is here...
MAM-system Corporation
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Are you copying file in background?
If yes: is it working for copying in foreground? Can you copy this file in explorer?

Next thing which came to my mind:
Is this file DRM protected (check here how to know that)?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It means that the background transfer manager crashed when trying to copy the file. Could you try to copy the file in the foreground as user fenix_productions suggested?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
St. Wolf

Post by *St. Wolf »

ghisler(Author) wrote:It means that the background transfer manager crashed when trying to copy the file. Could you try to copy the file in the foreground as user fenix_productions suggested?
Yes, it's crashing when copying in background. In foreground all OK. It's not a DRM-file, I don't like them -(

I try to copy in background to the root of Logical Drive - It's work!
So, truble - 212 symbols = filename, 55 symbols = destination. I cut filename - all OK. Why background crashes? Maybe of the russian name? But with shorter all good...

P. S. Wonna more operations, supported in background -)
And MORE important for me - I need to copy many files twice becouse T.com doesn't warn me about too long filenames -))) In Internet now so many files with long names and destination folder has it too... Please, use checking...

P. P. S. Thanks to your work under T.com
St. Wolf is here...
MAM-system Corporation
St. Wolf

Post by *St. Wolf »

Interesting - one time I copy this file as normal - Windows cut the name to shorter But then again and again error!
Yes, it's regular - some times Windows just cut the name, and some times - no -)
Please, please, check full filename length on copying to FAT, NTFS, so on and option to rename in progress of copying...
St. Wolf is here...
MAM-system Corporation