Ideas: Custom layouts (again)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Ideas: Custom layouts (again)

Post by *Sombra »

This issue has been discussed/appointed several times at this forum. The mainly idea is to have saved several dispositions of the interface, similar to custom columns. But taking in count the next modes:
Windows divider, mode view (brief, full, thumbnails, comments...), Quick view, separate tree, vertical/horizontal arrangement, color by file type (enable/disable), order of files, perhaps opened tabs too, and some item more.

The previous settings could be saved in [CustomLayouts], and same settings used for commented options above, could be stored under layout1, layout 2, etc.
For load the custom layout, TC should load such settings inside LayoutX on fly without restart the program.

I know that this is difficult add to TC 7.5 at the last minute, but it could be considered for future versions 8.0, 8.5 or above.
The brainstorm is opened.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Yes, custom workspaces or toolsets, like they are called in other programs are very handy and useful.

Support++ for custom layouts.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Well why did you open a new thread? There are so many which could have been resurrected.
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Hello Lefteous,

Initially when I searched for similar request at forum, I didn't find anything. I found several post, of course, but all were merged with more different ideas in same thread.
As you said, I thought in resurrect and old post too. But I had to decide between resurrect an old post (from 2 years ago) or write a new one.
I chose to write a new post for "isolate" this feature and give a general idea/suggestion of implementation.
Searching more deeply (in about 156.000 posts), I found this thread which is similar to the mine, where I share opinions too.

Anyway, I know that if a person resurrect a very old post, then other man will ask...: why...?

That was the reason ;)
Regards.
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Sombra,
Anyway, I know that if a person resurrect a very old post, then other man will ask...: why...?
Actually, nobody does. :D

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
CEUM

Post by *CEUM »

brainstorm
Hello Sombra,
my workaround is to start the TC with different wincmd.ini files.
But that is quite uncomfortabel, you have to save the current settings with a different name of the wincmd.ini and create a starter with that .ini.
As far as I know you are a plugin author... 8) .(I am not a programmer for that puposes)
I suggested not long ago to make a managing system as a plugin for that custom settings! That means: create different wincmn.ini 's based on the current settings and make a starting system for TC with the choice of different wincmd.ini 's
CEUM