Moving files on FTP and recursive permisions

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wereber

Moving files on FTP and recursive permisions

Post by *wereber »

Hello! The FTP client integrated in TC is very useful but it has some defects, imho.
When you connect to ftp and open this connection in other panel, TC starts the new one. Than, if you select some files/folders (maybe rather big) and press F6 total will download them, than delete from server and upload to new location on the same server. but if you rename file or folder on ftp, for exmpl, "file.ext" to "dir/file.ext" or to "../../dir/file.ext" total will change its location by few secounds. it's not so comfortable to move files using 2nd method one by one. may i hope that it'll change for the better ?
and the second feauture i'd like to have in TC is recursive permssions changing on FTP (like it realised in attribute dialog). i have to use FireFTP plugin for Firefox to do this action.

Thank you very much for such a useful filemanager, good luck in development.

P.s. sorry for my terrible english it's not my native. i hope you'll understand me w\o any problem =)
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

wereber: Welcome to the forum !

Both ideas are not new. They are requested often in this forum.
Use the search function to see the answers ...
#5767 Personal license
cry0

Post by *cry0 »

up.

I think it wouldnt be that hard to check if left pane ftp connection == right pane ftp connection. And then send COPY/MOVE (F5/F6) commands for selected files.
It would be much easier to manage files on the SAME ftp server in that way.

Yes, I've read the threads relative to this issue, but I can't believe, that this is not doable.

And no, this is not an FxP feature, as mentioned here: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=16636