Suggestion: Feature to specify a list of directories to sync

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wlamia

Suggestion: Feature to specify a list of directories to sync

Post by *wlamia »

It would be very useful to have a way to specify a disjointed list of folders to synchronize. I like TC synchronization very much, but it only works on a single folder tree at a time. I would like to sync several disjoint folders between my computer and a flash drive -- they are all under My Documents, but I DON'T want to sync some large unimportant directories, just the useful ones. This is similar to what can be accomplished with stand-alone programs like SyncBack, but I would like to be able to do this within TC.

I know similar requests have been proposed by others, so I apologize in advance for being redundant. If there is already a way to do this, please give me a pointer in the right direction.
CEUM

Post by *CEUM »

there is the possibility to save actual folders for synchronizing. Open the synchronize window, and on the upper left side there is a little yellow folder symbol that you have to click on. That possibility makes of course only sense for a limited number of folders.
CEUM
wlamia

Learn something new all the time...

Post by *wlamia »

I didn't notice that feature earlier. It helps a little.

You are right, though, it would get pretty tedious to have to load and sync more than a few directories, one at a time. I sure would like to be able to store a list of semi-colon separated directories that would all be sync'ed in one operation.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

You may also sync the Parent Folder and exclude Subfolders by adding "|Folder1\ Folder2\ Folder3\" in the middle where "*.*" is normally. But this is not possible with Sub-Subfolders! (Like: "|Folder1\Folder2\" to only deny the content of Folder2 to be synchronized)

Thats the reason I support such a list-sync too!
Would be great!
Please? :roll: