"?" parameter and variables

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

"?" parameter and variables

Post by *DrShark »

Please add support for environment- and TC internal variables to dialog called by ? parameter used e.g. in button bar.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately they would collide with the internal parameters like %P%N, there could be an environment variable %P% here. Therefore they are only supported in the "Command" field (which does accept parameters too).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Unfortunately they would collide with the internal parameters like %P%N, there could be an environment variable %P% here. Therefore they are only supported in the "Command" field (which does accept parameters too).
Ok. Can you add similar dialog/parameter (maybe %?%) to work with user commands and/or aliases.
Currently I created some user commands for TC commands with parameters, for example:
usercmd.ini wrote:[em_cd]
button=
cmd=CD
param=?
menu=CD <directory>
This "extended" version of cd command useful in some kind of scripts, but unfortunately I cannot past somthing like %windir% into prompt dialog...
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

DrShark wrote:This "extended" version of cd command useful in some kind of scripts, but unfortunately I cannot past somthing like %windir% into prompt dialog...
I agree, it could be fine if TC can replace those variable let say using special notation like %?VAR_NNAME% ....
But for CD it is useless as it is better to use command line or path title bar to do it (Command line support env variable and allow to have completion...)

Anyhow, if you do some scripting, you can do it in your own ...