[Wish] Command line parameter for opening in background

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

[Wish] Command line parameter for opening in background

Post by *fenix_productions »

Hi all.

Using TC command line parameters always gives a focus to Total Commander which might be annoying sometimes.

I've got TC set to open specific dir in new tab for files received through Miranda IM. When I am writing a message and transfer finished, TC "steals" letters from active application because of going into foreground. Similar thing happens with for few other applications (i.e. Locate32) and that is why I am writing this request.

Wouldn't it be nice to have additional parameter to open TC in background?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The startup method is controlled via the LNK file settings, e.g. "run minimized" starts TC minimized without giving it the focus. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to run it restored but without giving it the focus (is that possible at all?).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2ghisler(Author)
What about the case when TC is already running (/O)?
It should be possible to send application to background. It is possible in .NET (there is Controls.SentToBack() method in C#) so it's not impossible and might be done in Delphi too. Or not?

PS. Command which "annoyes" me :)

Code: Select all

D:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.exe /O /T /L=<somefile>
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...