OPENTABS in a button works only the first time - XP

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sgp

OPENTABS in a button works only the first time - XP

Post by *sgp »

A bar file includes several buttons with this command
OPENTABS fileX.tab (X changes for each button)
Each fileX.tab file loads previously saved tabs in one panel.

Switch to the bar (not as a menu). Click the first button and new tabs are loaded from fileX.tab. Then click another button to load other set of tabs: nothing happens. All buttons do nothing. Shouldn't each click load the tab set from the corresponding fileX.tab?

This problem eventually clears itself up - by using TC in normal operation - but I don't know what exactly unblocks that button tab again. At that point click a button - tabs get switched and, again, clicking a second button does nothing.

TC 7.50b1 XP Pro SP3 English
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like TC isn't finding the tab file. Try giving the full path to the .tab file. Does it work then?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sgp

Post by *sgp »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like TC isn't finding the tab file. Try giving the full path to the .tab file. Does it work then?
Yes, if I give the full path it always works. I was giving a path relative to %commander_path% but without the %commander_path%\ part. It works in other situations (the icon field, for instance). Not a big deal, I will include %commander_path%\ explicitly.