7.5 PB1: Unexpected behavior of breadcrumb bar

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bluaze

7.5 PB1: Unexpected behavior of breadcrumb bar

Post by *bluaze »

You know double-click on path bar will pop up directory hotlist in previous version. In 7.50 PB1, it will pop up hotlist as in previous version, but it will change directory also if the mouse is placed on the path(the string, not just path bar). The directory will change to the directory whos name is the part of the path on where the mouse is placed when double click.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

I know, at first i found this annoying too. This is normal behavior when the breadcrumbs system is active. You can do one of the following:

- Completely disable breadcrumbs (call the "cm_VisBreadCrumbs" command from the command line or even better, assign it to a toolbar button to enable/disable it on demand)

- Doubleclick on the last displayed folder in the address bar, on "*.*" or on the space after "*.*". You can always use CTRL+D of course but that requires using the keyboard...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
bluaze

Post by *bluaze »

wanderer wrote:I know, at first i found this annoying too. This is normal behavior when the breadcrumbs system is active. You can do one of the following:

- Completely disable breadcrumbs (call the "cm_VisBreadCrumbs" command from the command line or even better, assign it to a toolbar button to enable/disable it on demand)

- Doubleclick on the last displayed folder in the address bar, on "*.*" or on the space after "*.*". You can always use CTRL+D of course but that requires using the keyboard...
Thanks for you reply.
Double-click is not defined in breadcrumbs(if we "seperate" breadcrumbs from path bar) and double-click is defined to pop up hotlist in path bar. So I think someone double clicking means to pop up hotlist and breadcrumbs should not capture the first click.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

bluaze wrote:Double-click is not defined in breadcrumbs(if we "seperate" breadcrumbs from path bar) and double-click is defined to pop up hotlist in path bar. So I think someone double clicking means to pop up hotlist and breadcrumbs should not capture the first click.
You are basically right, however distinguishing single click from doubleclick requires having a few (200-500?) milliseconds delay after the first click to see if another click follows, as it is defined in the mouse section of the Control Panel. This would also add a delay to the single-click operation (CD) though which might be annoying for some users. I don't know how easy would be for Christian to implement it, it could be a nice addition though, if properly done.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
bluaze

Post by *bluaze »

wanderer wrote:
bluaze wrote:Double-click is not defined in breadcrumbs(if we "seperate" breadcrumbs from path bar) and double-click is defined to pop up hotlist in path bar. So I think someone double clicking means to pop up hotlist and breadcrumbs should not capture the first click.
You are basically right, however distinguishing single click from doubleclick requires having a few (200-500?) milliseconds delay after the first click to see if another click follows, as it is defined in the mouse section of the Control Panel. This would also add a delay to the single-click operation (CD) though which might be annoying for some users. I don't know how easy would be for Christian to implement it, it could be a nice addition though, if properly done.
Click on a file is to select it and double-click on it is to open it. I don't know whether it need a huge number of code, so i am just waiting. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed you need to double click behind the breadcrumb bar to avoid the directory change.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Indeed you need to double click behind the breadcrumb bar to avoid the directory change.
Actually, bluaze's question is "Is there a way to catch the double-click event before the single-click, so that when the user is double-clicking on the address-bar, the path doesn't change but instead the dir-hotlist appears, as it used to?"
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it's not that easy to add, because the single click is handled in some very different places, depending on whether the breadcrumb dropdown list is opened or not.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

2bluaze

In that case, i hope one of the methods i suggested helps you. Personally, i've disabled the breadcrumbs bar and i have a button in the button bar to activate it when i feel i need it.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯