Ann: ImageLister Plugin v1.00

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ctiberg

Ann: ImageLister Plugin v1.00

Post by *ctiberg »

This plugin lets you view images of many different file formats: TIFF, Truevision Targa, ZSoft Paintbrush PCX, Kodak Photo-CD, CompuServe GIF, Windows bitmap, Paintshop Pro and PhotoShop. It also lets you resize images from 1:32 to 32:1. You can also convert your images to either JPEG or BMP format.
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Nice but... could you attach the link? The same for the rest of announcements. It's impossible to download it from your site without registering on your page (and I hate to share my personal address).
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Yeah..., strange that you have to drop your pants to download a freeware plugin.
They even require your phonenumber. I get a feeling, this plugin wont be free for
long. As long as i have to offer this much privacy in return for a plugin, i'm not going
to try it. Sorry. ...and i think, because of this a lot of the TC community wont try it, too. :(

Maybe you could overthink your download policy? :roll:
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

BTW: It was possible to download the previous version form the link author put on the forum but unfortunately it doesn't work any longer.
So let's wait for... Maxwish ;-)

On the other hand their plugins seem to be nice and it would be really pity if they would like to make it NOT freeware some day. I hope that day will never come....
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ctiberg

Our plugins

Post by *ctiberg »

Of course their should've been links in the file.. We'll always want to know who downloads our files - and it *IS* possible to just enter asdfsdf@asfdsdf.com, just like on every other system.. We don't require that you receive a mail and click on the link, that'd be a little to much..

As to our plugins remaining freeware - that's likely, but nothing is sure - we might all be dead tomorrow as a result of some disaster or other :)

Anyways, here's the links:
http://www.commsoft.nu/startdl.php?program=cryptonitewcx
http://www.commsoft.nu/startdl.php?program=dblisterwlx
http://www.commsoft.nu/startdl.php?program=ieweblisterwlx
http://www.commsoft.nu/startdl.php?program=b4slisterwlx
http://www.commsoft.nu/startdl.php?program=imagelisterwlx
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg
havanna

Post by *havanna »

support djk's statement.
I think you shouldn't really require that much information.
Tanstaafl
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

I think it will only result in a giant database of false (and thus useless) email adresses.

Better would be 2 options:
1. Register for newsletter about product updates etc.
(I would enter my real email here, because I am interested in information about your products. I would even add my country for your statistics. But my personal adress ? I can understand you wish this for your commercial products, but to download a plugin ?)

2. Skip registration and go directly to download.
(this would save you a lot of work in filtering out all the false emailadresses, and if i had already registered, it would save me from having to remember and enter yet another password).
...BRB...
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Some problems:

1. Lister option "Fit image to window" - doesn't work :-(

2. It would be good if there was an option "default LARGE images fit to window"

3. I have an image - gif 780x123x7bit and:
- if I choose Zoom Factor 16:1 - it hangs TC - using memory of TC goes over 50000K - then I kill the process.
- if I choose Zoom Factor 2:1 - it works OK but after next clicking Zoom Factor I still see checked 1:1 (should be current 2:1)
- if I choose Zoom Factor 32:1 - I get different errors - among othres there is "Window has no scrollbars" - in Polish (in fact it has horizontal scrollbar)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ctiberg

Post by *ctiberg »

djk wrote:Some problems:

1. Lister option "Fit image to window" - doesn't work :-(

2. It would be good if there was an option "default LARGE images fit to window"

3. I have an image - gif 780x123x7bit and:
- if I choose Zoom Factor 16:1 - it hangs TC - using memory of TC goes over 50000K - then I kill the process.
- if I choose Zoom Factor 2:1 - it works OK but after next clicking Zoom Factor I still see checked 1:1 (should be current 2:1)
- if I choose Zoom Factor 32:1 - I get different errors - among othres there is "Window has no scrollbars" - in Polish (in fact it has horizontal scrollbar)
Hmm.. Your 1st point is worth considering, to be sure.. But I think we'll implement that and your point 2 together - that is make "Fit image to window" of the lister mean "default LARGE images fit to window". That'd be the easiest and most intuitive..

Having both "Fit image to window", "Default Large" and zooming would give an interface that could end up in bad states where what you did could cause effects that you don't want...

As to your bugs, we've found some of that too now :( We'll check it out and try to fix them if possible. Another way to fix them is to use common sense, of course :) I don't know how paint programs are able to zoom as they do, that'd be handy here...

New for v1.01 will also be a speed-up of zooming - we used a 'precise' zoom, but will provide an option that's faster but may look worse...
Best regards,
Christian Tiberg