75PB2 Lister/Quick View Panel will not view large JPGs

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Cerian Knight

75PB2 Lister/Quick View Panel will not view large JPGs

Post by *Cerian Knight »

I don't recall if this was a problem in 7.04a, nor do I find anyone else has mentioned this: I have IrfanView 4.23 configured in TC for viewing images. An image that is e.g. 2925 x 1927 will not display with Lister or Quick View (but of course opens fine with IrfanView). If I reduce the image by 1% (using IrfanView Resize/Resample), it works fine. This, therefore, seems to be related to a memory image size limitation of ~16MiB (2925W x 1927H x 3BPP > 16MiB).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a known problem when your memory gets fragmented. The only solution is to use a Lister plugin like Sgviewer or Imagine to view the images. This way the image has to be loaded only once into memory.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Cerian Knight

Post by *Cerian Knight »

Thanks for the reply. After further review of this issue (for documentation completion): This only seems to happen on WinME (512MB, even after reboot). Lister 'Fit to Window' settings have no effect on the issue. Newer OSes seem to work fine (using same test images).