QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Max33Verstappen

Re: QuickSearch eXtended

Post by *Max33Verstappen »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-10-14, 14:25 UTC I can't enter C:\Program Files\ it stops after c: and shows only this in the list
I don't quite get what you mean by this. If you don't start with a "*", it only searches the last part of the path in the history list, so you can type in "c:", IF AND ONLY IF there's an entry "c:" in the list.
Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-10-14, 14:25 UTC but I can search for other entries from the list.
Starting with a * I can search for C:\Program Files without problems.
Starting with a "*"(the entire search string is "*c:\program files"), can you move your cursor through all other entries? (I can)
If you can, you also experience the bug.

Image: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEPHEDS
In the image, if I type in "*c:\program files", I can use ↑/↓ to move the cursor through (i.e.: highlight) all the entries, which is obviously not right.
The expected behavior, which is also the behavior of TC's own search, is that the cursor can only stay on the entry "c:\program files" or can only move to other entries (if you have any) also starting with "c:\program files" (i.e. something like "c:\program files\...").
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Max33Verstappen wrote: 2023-10-14, 15:26 UTC I don't quite get what you mean by this. If you don't start with a "*", it only searches the last part of the path in the history list, so you can only type in "c:", if there's an entry "c:" in the list.
Of course, there is c: in the list when I'm in c:\program files

Starting with a "*"(the entire search string is "*c:\program files"), can you move your cursor through all other entries? (I can)
If you can, you also experience the bug.
No, I can't, it only shows entries with c:\program files

In the image, if I type in "*c:\program files", I can use ↑/↓ to move the cursor through (i.e.: highlight) all the entries, which is obviously not right.
The expected behavior, which is also the behavior of TC's own search, is that the cursor can only stay on the entry "c:\program files" or can only move to other entries (if you have any) also starting with "c:\program files" (i.e. something like "c:\program files\...").
Only matching entries which at least contain c:\program files are shown, so I can't move to others.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Max33Verstappen

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-10-14, 16:23 UTC Of course, there is c: in the list when I'm in c:\program files
No, that’s not right. Only “c:”(without any other part) would be matched if you type “c:” (without the leading “*”). If you don’t have “c:” itself in the list, there’s no way to type in the “:”!
Unless you enabled “Allow empty results”.
Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-10-14, 16:23 UTC No, I can't, it only shows entries with c:\program files

Only matching entries which at least contain c:\program files are shown, so I can't move to others.
Why did it only show the filtered entries? You said you did’t filter the results. But it seems that you’re using “Ctrl+S” to filter the results. Like I said, you won’t see the problem if you filter the results.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2Max33Verstappen
if you filter the results.
Yes, that’s the whole point of the plugin!
To be honest, I don’t even understand at all why this is made
as an option - you can turn the filter mode on or off.
#146217 personal license
Max33Verstappen

AntonyD wrote: 2023-10-15, 07:39 UTC To be honest, I don’t even understand at all why this is made
as an option - you can turn the filter mode on or off.
Because certainly there are users who don't want to filter the result, they just want the cursor to jump to that entry, like me. I rarely use "Ctrl+S" to filter the result. It's a personal preference.

But anyway, if you don't filter the results, the bug I mentioned is definitely there, which doesn't exist in TC's own search.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

@yyang
I will consider to publish it on github if I have the time.

@qweewert
I dont think your requests are currently possible.

@Max33Verstappen
Thats intended have a look here:

Version 2.3.1

Code: Select all

- Added: Meanwhile in the Total Commander 11 betas there is no way to differentiate if the search is opened from open tabs or from file panel. So QuickSearch eXtended ignores a leading "*" and filters the whole path (instead of the filename only) everywhere.
The "*" is not used as you usually would use it within other tools. Have a look into the readme.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2Samuel

I have added this (new function MatchFileEx) for you, but you didn't have the time to implement it:
26.06.23 Added: External quick search with tcmatch.dll: Extra values added to flags LeftSide=0x100 (search occurs on the left side), QuickFilter=0x200 (quick search filter enabled), WatchDirs=0x400 (watching directory changes), FirstMatch=0x800 (32/64)
26.06.23 Added: External quick search with tcmatch.dll: New function MatchFileEx taking 3rd parameter 'flags', with values FileList=1, SearchResults=2, Synchronize=3, History=4, TabTitles=5, TabPaths=6 (32/64)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Thats true, didn't had the time yet.

I just quoted the QSX changelog, where it was correct at the time I wrote it. Currently QSX eats one "*" at the beginning, there is a plan to fix this behavior with this flags you provided (Thanks).

No offence meant into your direction!
Max33Verstappen

Samuel wrote: 2023-10-16, 08:16 UTC
Version 2.3.1

Code: Select all

- Added: Meanwhile in the Total Commander 11 betas there is no way to differentiate if the search is opened from open tabs or from file panel. So QuickSearch eXtended ignores a leading "*" and filters the whole path (instead of the filename only) everywhere.
The "*" is not used as you usually would use it within other tools. Have a look into the readme.
OK, I get it.
So, it would PREPEND the path of the current active left file panel to EVERYWHERE if there's a leading "*", resulting in something like "c:\...c:\...".
Now it's clear, as the word "EVERYWHERE" in the changelog definitely means EVERYWHERE.
banelinde

QuickSearch eXtended - FAILED search DECRIPT.ION

Post by *banelinde »

Hi there,

when I use QuickSearch eXtended to search text that is located in DESCRIPT.ION file via FileDesc.wdx plugin, I do not receive any results WHEN:
a) the description text is for a FOLDER with FOLDER NAME CONTAINING SPACES
b) the description text is for know filetypes like JPG (issue maybe top layer text overrides possible lower layer text like JPG size etc.)
Seams like a bug in reading top layer displayed text etc.

When I use TC FindFiles/Plugins/FileDesc plugin, then everything works fine.
By this I can exclude that FileDesc.wdx is faulty.

Have Win10, TC 9.12, QuickSerchExt 2.2.7 and FileDesc.wdx 2.62
Also have tried QS 2.3.1 without luck.

Any suggestions to solve this QSeXtended issue?

Regards.

Image: https://tanjiri.ueuo.com/1-Quick-FileDesc.png
Image: https://tanjiri.ueuo.com/2-Quick-FileDesc.png
praetor

problem installing QuickSearch eXtended

Post by *praetor »

I have a problem installing QuickSearch eXtended:
TC 11.02 64 bit is located under c:\program files\totalcmd\
The INI files are in the user path.
I copied all files from QuickSearch eXtended to the program directory.
After restarting the TC, a tcmatch.ini was created in the INI path, as expected.
But when I start the search, the advanced search interface of QuickSearch eXtended doesn't appear! What could be the reason?

Thanks greetings
praetor
Grüße
praetor
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I would try this:
1. Move the redirected ini to the program directory
2. Press Alt+Enter on the ini and give yourself write rights to the file
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

And I’d start by remembering, forever, that NOTHING can EVER be put in a folder c:\program files or c:\program files x86\
Once you have installed the windows - all your other programs IMMEDIATELY put in any other folder created by yourself somewhere on disk D E F....
#146217 personal license
praetor

Post by *praetor »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-01-30, 11:09 UTC I would try this:
1. Move the redirected ini to the program directory
2. Press Alt+Enter on the ini and give yourself write rights to the file
Thanks, but unfortunately that didn't help.
Grüße
praetor
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

2praetor:
Sry, the GUI relies on a ini file in the current directory. You could try to move the totalcmd folder to a directory like "D:\data\totalcmd\".

2banelinde:
Sry, currently I have no time to look into this.