QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Helix751

Post by *Helix751 »

Samuel wrote:
Samuel wrote:Update. Version 2.2.6 is available.

Code: Select all

Version 2.2.6
- possible Bugfix for problems (freeze) with Windows 10 Creators Update - thank you stifani
For anyone having trouble using the Windows 10 Creators Update and QuickSearch Extended within TC: Can you confirm, that the new version 2.2.6 works for you?
Yes! It's working with W10 Creators Update (TC 32bit, W10x64). TC crashes were driving me crazy. Thanks!

I wonder why this update is not available in Totalcmd.net (latest version available there is 2.2.3).

Regards.
Last edited by Helix751 on 2017-10-23, 18:49 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Sergio

TCmd license #12059
TC11.00x86/x64 | Win11 Pro
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Helix751 wrote:I wonder why this update is not available in Totalcmd.net (last version available there is 2.2.3).
I just tried it. Couldn't update the file link with OneDrive. Removed the misleading outdated information there.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Samuel wrote:Couldn't reproduce without the plugin. ...
QuickSearch Extended eventually tries to get file information to determine if it is a file or folder. It shouldn't try this when the path starts with "\".
Do you mean you can reproduce the crash only when using QSX in FS-plugin location? And using the QSX in FS-plugin path is not supported by QSX currently because the path starts with "\"?
Samuel wrote:I can't imagine another reason for it to slow down the or take resources.
Well, I can reproduce it even in normal folder. I have Vista 32 bit, 2 GB of ram.
Before test (when I just opened QSX QuickSearch window) I had ~50% of ram used.
After I typed quickly random character 50 times (so I got 50-character "word" in QuickSearch window), I got ~60% of ram used.
Then I removed all the text from QuickSearch window (still 60% of ram used) and refreshed panel with Ctrl+R so I got QSX window closed and no filter applied in TC panel -> still 60% of ram used. After I close TC then, it goes back to 50%.
Samuel wrote:I do not see the use case.
Use case of what? Using the QSX to filter FS-plugin content? Or paste a large text from clipboard? That large text could come to QSX by mistake (user wasn't careful enough pressing Ctrl+C, so on Ctrl+V old large clipboard content may be pasted.)

BTW, I requested for TC a feature to stop pasting clipboard content on Esc keypress, so maybe it will be implemented in future TC versions for native QuickSearch. Christian wrote that maybe in 3rd party tcmatch plugin it may be implemented now by reacting to GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE). If it is possible, can you consider adding it to future QSX versions?
Samuel wrote:Couldn't update the file link with OneDrive. Removed the misleading outdated information there.
Please try to upload latest QSX directly to wincmd.ru. Latest version there is 2.2.3.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

DrShark wrote:Do you mean you can reproduce the crash only when using QSX in FS-plugin location?
I couldn't reproduce it without FS-plugin and didn't want to install the FS-plugin.
DrShark wrote:And using the QSX in FS-plugin path is not supported by QSX currently because the path starts with "\"?
It is supported. I wondered how it could be slow as the network/plugin files are not checked by opening the file.
DrShark wrote:Well, I can reproduce it even in normal folder. I have Vista 32 bit, 2 GB of ram.
That made me suspicious. I found an evil line in your tcmatch.ini:

[wdx]
debug_output=1
Results in several file accesses for each new char entered. Only meant for temporary debug purposes.

Change it to:

[wdx]
debug_output=0
DrShark wrote:
Samuel wrote:I do not see the use case.
Use case of what? Using the QSX to filter FS-plugin content?
No thats fine.
DrShark wrote:Or paste a large text from clipboard?
This.
DrShark wrote:Christian wrote that maybe in 3rd party tcmatch plugin it may be implemented now by reacting to GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE).
Could you link me Christians posts? Couldn't find it.
DrShark wrote:If it is possible, can you consider adding it to future QSX versions?
Don't know.
Samuel wrote:Couldn't update the file link with OneDrive. Removed the misleading outdated information there.
Please try to upload latest QSX directly to wincmd.ru. Latest version there is 2.2.3.[/quote]
Updated. The form there bugs me.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Samuel wrote:I couldn't reproduce it without FS-plugin and didn't want to install the FS-plugin.
Change it to:

[wdx]
debug_output=0
Please try it with latest Registry plugin, at \\\registry\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\ location with test clipboard content from that post (see step 2.) I tried it now using QSX with debug_output=0, and in normal filesystem I don't see the significant ram rising anymore (it's ~1...5%, can't tell for sure whether memory is cleared when I remove pasted or typed content of QS field), but in Registry's location while pasting clipboard content the RAM usage is rising from 50% to 80%, and then crash may happen as described in mentioned post. The RAM is not cleared then after content removing from QSX window or refreshing TC panel.
Samuel wrote:
DrShark wrote:Christian wrote that maybe in 3rd party tcmatch plugin it may be implemented now by reacting to GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE).
Could you link me Christians posts? Couldn't find it.
It was by email. I asked whether 3rdparty tcmatch could stop the paste process on Esc keypress, e.g. we're pasting "test" word from clipboard, so if user pressed Esc after "te" characters were just pasted, pasting should be aborted so "st" part shouldn't be basted to QuickSearch window (of course it's supposed to be used like that with long lines.) The answer was that short: tcmatch plugin may try to do it by reacting to GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE). I'm not a developer, so I think it's better for you ask Christian for further details.
Samuel wrote:
DrShark wrote:Please try to upload latest QSX directly to wincmd.ru. Latest version there is 2.2.3.
Updated. The form there bugs me.
You mean you don't like that plugin upload form? I see now QSX totalcmd.net page just has a link to this topic, there's no direct link to plugin download.
Last edited by DrShark on 2017-10-23, 23:59 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

DrShark wrote:...in Registry's location while pasting clipboard content the RAM usage is rising from 50% to 80%, and then crash may happen as described in mentioned post. The RAM is not cleared then after content removing from QSX window or refreshing TC panel.
What process uses the RAM?
Could you try to deinstall QSX? Is the RAM still rising?
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Samuel wrote:
DrShark wrote:...in Registry's location while pasting clipboard content the RAM usage is rising from 50% to 80%, and then crash may happen as described in mentioned post. The RAM is not cleared then after content removing from QSX window or refreshing TC panel.
With QSX installed, the rise of TOTALCMD.EXE RAM usage goes from ~7 mb to over 200 mb. Without QSX installed for TOTALCMD.EXE the rising of RAM on the same string pasting is ~+1mb of RAM (from 7 to 8 mb).
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

QuickSearch eXtended 2.2.6 / TC 9.10 - 32 bit + 64 bit crash

Post by *tuska »

Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 1703 (Build 15063.674) / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, RAM 16,0 GB (15,7 GB useable).

Using the following procedure in TC under using QuickSearch eXtended 2.2.6 and various plugins TC 9.10 - 32 bit + 64 bit crashes always:

1. Calling up %COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins ("Plugins" = randomly selected directory)
2. Branch View (With Subdirs) Ctrl+B, approx. 1,100 files, including descript.ion files
3. Typing letter f, then wait longer (no crash) / QS eXtended Search field remains open
4. Typing letter s, then TC 9.10, 32 + 64bit are crashing (always!). After entering a second character, the crash occurs.

%COMMANDER_PATH%

tcmatch.dll ....... 296.960 11.04.2017 00:18 -a--
tcmatch.exe ....... 875.520 11.04.2017 00:25 -a--
tcmatch.ini ......... 2.580 24.10.2017 17:17 -a--
tcmatch.pdf ....... 464.265 11.04.2017 00:22 -a--
tcmatch.tbl ........ 41.804 30.05.2009 00:24 -a--
tcmatch_de.pdf .... 401.749 03.10.2016 21:34 -a--
tcmatch_ja.dic ...... 8.034 06.11.2011 22:56 -a--
tcmatch64.dll ..... 353.792 11.04.2017 00:18 -a--
tcmatch64.exe ... 1.245.184 11.04.2017 00:25 -a--
tcmatch.ini

[general]
simple_search_activate_char=
regex_search_activate_char=?
leven_search_activate_char=<
srch_activate_char=*
preset_activate_char=>
simple_search_match_beginning_activate_char=^
and_separator_char=" "
or_separator_char=|
wdx_separator_char=/
negate_char=!
case_sensitive=0
filter_files_and_folders=3
match_beginning=0
use_pinyin=0
use_korean=0
allow_empty_result=1
[wdx]
debug_output=0		'https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=333712#333712
wdx_cache=10000
wdx_text_plugin1=Long description@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\FileDiz\FileDiz.wdx
wdx_groups=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8|9
wdx_text_plugin2=Comments@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
wdx_text_plugin3=Kommentare@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\ShellDetails\ShellDetails.wdx
wdx_text_plugin4=Autor@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\ShellDetails\ShellDetails.wdx
wdx_text_plugin5=Keywords@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
wdx_text_plugin6=Title@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
wdx_text_plugin7=Subject@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
wdx_text_plugin8=Category@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
wdx_text_plugin9=Author@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx
[gui]
override_search=1		'https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=327577#327577 Win 10 v1703 (Creators Update)
invert_result=0
one_line_gui=1
show_presets=0
language=3
[wdx64]
wdx_text_plugin1=Long description@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\FileDiz\FileDiz.wdx64
wdx_groups=1,2,3,4,5
wdx_text_plugin2=Comments@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx64
wdx_text_plugin3=Kommentare@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\ShellDetails\ShellDetails.wdx64
wdx_text_plugin4=Keywords@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\Summary\Summary.wdx64
wdx_text_plugin5=Stichwörter@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\ShellDetails\ShellDetails.wdx64
[/size]
Questions:
1. Can it be related to the plugins, because with these many fields, among other things also file comments are queried?
2. Cache size (currently) - Number of files: 10,000 -> Is this an optimal value?
3. Logfile: disabled
4. Does anyone know any advice how to solve that?

My guess: It is due to the use of plugins.

Regards
Karl
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Re: QuickSearch eXtended 2.2.6 / TC 9.10 - 32 bit + 64 bit c

Post by *Samuel »

tuska wrote:1. Can it be related to the plugins, because with these many fields, among other things also file comments are queried?
2. Cache size (currently) - Number of files: 10,000 -> Is this an optimal value?
1) I am sure it has to do with all the wdx plugins.
2) I would try to set cache size to 1000 or 0 (disabled). It could be an out of memory exception if the content of all fields of all files exceed the memory limit. Does it still crash with 1000 or 0?
1) Otherwise try disable the wdx plugins completely. Does it still crash?
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Hi Samuel,
thank you for your response.

wdx_cache=1000 -> crash in TC 9.10 64bit
wdx_cache=0 .. -> crash in TC 9.10 64bit
I have commented the sections [wdx] and [wdx64] in the tcmatch.ini by adding one ";" in front of the line.
So I have managed to disable the plugins. Now it's running fast again!

Disabling all plugins unfortunately has the disadvantage that I can read no comments (descript.ion) more.
But if it must be...

EDIT:

[wdx]
debug_output=1
wdx_cache=1000
was added automatically now at the end of tcmatch.ini.
I have changed back FROM debug_output=1 TO debug_output=0.

Regards
Karl
Last edited by tuska on 2017-10-25, 18:05 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

You could try to disable the wdx plugins one by one. Wdx plugins has always been experimental. Sorry.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Comments in descript.ion-files

Post by *tuska »

OK, thank you for the hint.

EDIT:
This code I have still left in the tcmatch.ini, since I would like to continue to find comments in descript.ion-files:

[wdx]
debug_output=0		'https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=333712#333712
wdx_cache=1000
wdx_text_plugin1=Long description@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\FileDiz\FileDiz.wdx
wdx_groups=1

[wdx64]
wdx_text_plugin1=Long description@D:\Daten\Programme\TotalCommander\TCD_USB-Stick\TC32-64USB\Plugins\wdx\FileDiz\FileDiz.wdx64
wdx_groups=1
However, it is important, that when using the plugin FileDiz file comments for folders and files can not be found
a) if german umlauts (öäü) or
b) the sharp s ->"ß" (german)
are contained in the file comments (descript.ion).

I found out that on my PC with about 500 files in about 150 subfolders TC does NOT crash (with above plugin used).

EDIT2: some text (german umlauts) rephrased (text of EDIT corrected)
Last edited by tuska on 2017-10-27, 17:00 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

DrShark wrote:
Samuel wrote:
With QSX installed, the rise of TOTALCMD.EXE RAM usage goes from ~7 mb to over 200 mb. Without QSX installed for TOTALCMD.EXE the rising of RAM on the same string pasting is ~+1mb of RAM (from 7 to 8 mb).
I can confirm that a folder with 5000 files has problems if filtered in QSX. Perhaps some kind of memory issue.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Comments in descript.ion-files

Post by *fenix_productions »

tuska wrote: This code I have still left in the tcmatch.ini, since I would like to continue to find comments in descript.ion-files
Maybe try older version?

I am using version from around 2016-06-16: special characters in comments are problematic but at least there are no slowdowns.

Newer versions have issues with characters, slowdowns and freeze TC from time to time.

BTW FileDiz never worked for me properly, neither with QuickSearchExtended nor as "just a content plugin". It was always crashing as hell for me. Because of that I am still using my own CommentsWDX.wdx. All I have to do is to remember to not use "specials" in my comments.

BTW2 it would be nice to have comments supported by QSE natively. Dunno about other users but I have never needed QSE content plugins support for anything other than comments. And I am using it since the very beginning!
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Comments in descript.ion-files

Post by *tuska »

fenix_productions wrote:Maybe try older version?
With QuickSearch eXtended 2.2.4 instead of 2.2.6 using plugin FileDiz I had no luck.

tcmatch.dll ....... 288.768 09.02.2012 21:13:24	-a--
tcmatch.exe ....... 873.472 26.04.2016 19:27:20	-a--
tcmatch64.dll ..... 362.496 09.02.2012 21:14:28	-a--
tcmatch64.exe ... 1.243.136 26.04.2016 19:27:24	-a--
TC 9.11RC1 crashes the same way.
fenix_productions wrote: ... Because of that I am still using my own CommentsWDX.wdx. ...
Would you mind sharing your CommentsWDX.wdx?

Regards
Karl