Bug in Handling Windows File Dialog (Open Load Save) Tools

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jnauth

Bug in Handling Windows File Dialog (Open Load Save) Tools

Post by *jnauth »

Since the Betas for 7.50 came out, Total Commander does not support any more the handling of Windows File Dialogs.

I use another Tool XFILESDIALOG for quick jump to favorite directories (worked within Total Coammnder unteil 7.04a and in Windows in General), but in the new 7.5 Version, the quick Folder Acces Tools don´t work anymore.

I Think the new Version ahs changed the communication with the Windows API, so this doesn´t work anymore. It would be nice if the old handling of Windows File Dialog would be kept in the new version of Total Commander.

Regards,
jnauth
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2jnauth
I think the problem is with XFILESDIALOG since FlashFolder and FileBoxExtender seems to work fine.

Which Windows version re we talking about?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Total Commander calls the Unicode versions of these dialogs on NT-based Windows versions. Maybe XFILESDIALOG is ANSI-Only?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MichaelEck

Contacting XfilesDialog

Post by *MichaelEck »

I am a registered user of both TC and XfileDialog. I've contacted XfilesDialog support for help as I rely on both applications daily.

I'll post an update when I get a response.

Best Regards!
Michael