Problem - lister doesn't recognize multimedia

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jantom

Problem - lister doesn't recognize multimedia

Post by *jantom »

The lister doesn't detect multimedia files automatically.
F3 displays files always in the binary mode.
Only after Options/'4" an appropriate plugin/external viewer is triggered.

Where have I gone wrong?

(I've removed all the lister plugins for a moment to see if it helps - but it doesn't).

Jan

-------
TC 6.0
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Problem - lister doesn't recognize multimedia

Post by *wanderer »

jantom wrote:The lister doesn't detect multimedia files automatically.
F3 displays files always in the binary mode.
Go to lister menu Options/Configure and check at the bottom if the Multimedia (AVI, WAV...) option is checked.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

Go to lister menu Options/Configure and check at the bottom if the Multimedia (AVI, WAV...) option is checked.

Yes, it is checked.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Hmm, perhaps there are certain entries in the INI file that prevent lister from working properly. I suggest you backup your INI, create a new (default) one and then see if lister is working properly. If it does, check your INI's [Lister] settings. You can always copy the [Lister] settings of the default INI to yours and then transfer one by one your settings to see what caused the problem.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

Thanks a lot for your replies.
I suggest you backup your INI, create a new (default) one and then see if lister is working properly.
Unfortunately, lister doesn't detect multimedia with a new (default) ini file either.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

... and this way I can't use Quick View at all.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Yes, there is a new option in the Lister Plugin interface. Until the plugin authors modify their plugins you need to do it manually, as described in this (German) thread - http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2173 .

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

Thank you for your suggestion, Roman.
But it doesn't seem to help in my case.

For some reason TC 6.0 - and not this or that plugin - has stopped to detect multimedia files and keeps displaying them in the binary mode, even if there are no Lister Plugins enabled at all.

When I press '4' then everything works fine: multimedia files are displayed properly with an appropriate plugin/external program.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hmm, Lister - Options - Configure - Multimedia display?

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jantom

Post by *jantom »

:D

Weird. I've been using TC for a long while and considered myself a relatively experienced user.

I was absolutely positive that 'Load bitmaps as graphics at startup' option referred to something else.

Thanks Hacker, it solved my problem. And I can't believe it was that simple. Thaks again.

Jan
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

You're welcome. :)

Roman