Breadcrumb suggestion

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

omdawe

Breadcrumb suggestion

Post by *omdawe »

First i have to say i just love the Breadcrumbs!..

It eases my work..

I would like if the breadcrumb dropdown is down and i see the folders for that specific folder i like to go with the mouse on to the previous folder and the dropdown for that specific folder automatically comes down.

And also many times when i just want to see what is in the previous folders in the breadcrumb i accidentally click that folder and it automatically goes to that folder.
Would it be possible if accidentally click on a folder that i still see that folder i was just in, still on the right side of the folder i accidentally clicked on? Maybe the the old folder i was in another color? Maybe is stays there for 2-3 seconds then is disappear? Right now i use "go back" button more often because of this..
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I have similar problem but with double-click (dir menu), I even suggested to distinguish click and dblclick (not to change dir on dblclick), but for now TC doesn't...
I suggest to you my breadcrumb bar settings:

BreadcrumbSeparator=0
BreadcrumbDelayButton=-200
BreadcrumbDelayDir=0

Here you don't need to click to see subfolder list, just hover with mouse (in path bar also wait 0.2 sec to ignore false movings). So, you may forget false clicks :)
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

What file can i change the setting you just send me?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Oh, sorry. There is only one main configuration file. Add this to section [Configuration] of wincmd.ini.

Also please read help topic 4.b about it, all settings are described.
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

Dident work :) but i added it to my pp_conf.ini and it worked.. I was just looking for the same code u wrote in those files but could not find the similar code anywhere so i didn't know where to put it.. tanx man..

Can i ask another thing?.. if not f-word u.. No but seriously.. The quick panel if i like to save the size i had it last time 60% or what ever can i make that?
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

That's the problem when you use packages like TCPowerPack. There are so many deviations from the standard that it's hard to unravel them.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The quick panel if i like to save the size i had it last time 60% or what ever can i make that?
Please choose Configuration - Save position while Ctrl+Q is active. This will also save the width percentage.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I see this topic is good for my mind because it is about breadcrumb bar...

BCB is a good thing but when it opens accidentally by hovering mouse over it (if I move mouse slowly enough or if I don't know what I want to do and move mouse :)) and I want then when it is opened to click on buttonbar button or change tab, I need an extra click to close BCB firstly. It would be great if TC use this click for closing BCB and to perform an action on mouse click (as if I have opened usual menu - it closes and window gets click).
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I need an extra click to close BCB firstly.
It closes automatically.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Lefteous wrote:
I need an extra click to close BCB firstly.
It closes automatically.
Yes but within some time. And if I press a buttonbar button for example, it eats this click. BCB is a menu, so it should work as menu.
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

Please choose Configuration - Save position while Ctrl+Q is active. This will also save the width percentage.
Sorry i don´t get it... What parameters do i need to put in?..
If i "Quick View panel" a picture and change the size of the view (maybe to 60%) and end "Quick View panel" then i do it again on a other picture then it have the same size as last time. But if i quit Total Commander then "Quick View panel" another pix then its back to 50% view!.. I feel like something in my ini file is missing so it don´t save the size of the viewer!..
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

On the BCB after changing MVV´s advice i like the BCB better then before...(tanx MVV) The hole double click error i had before is gone...

Another thing i really like is the ▼ before the drive... Now its easier then before to go to desktop and control panel!.. But i think its to small but i don´t have a better suggestion..someone? Maybe a Computer icon?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

omdawe wrote:
Sorry i don´t get it... What parameters do i need to put in?..
If i "Quick View panel" a picture and change the size of the view (maybe to 60%) and end "Quick View panel" then i do it again on a other picture then it have the same size as last time. But if i quit Total Commander then "Quick View panel" another pix then its back to 50% view!.. I feel like something in my ini file is missing so it don´t save the size of the viewer!..
1. Enable quick-view mode
2. Move separator as you wish
3. Choose Configuration - Save Position
That's all! After restarting TC your separator position in quick-view mode is kept.
omdawe

Post by *omdawe »

MVV that was fast.. I use Imagine - Image/Animation Viewer... And i found the button after you told me... hehe... Was looking for that before but diden´t find it.. anyway i dident work so i think i have to speak to the guy that made that plugin.. or maybe update it!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I'm using Imagine for many years. And before writing my previous post, I'd checked that it works. BTW, panels width are saved by TC itself, not by Imagine or some other plugin.