[WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [WFX] VirtualPanel: Temporary panel for TC

Post by *MVV »

Hurdet wrote: 2020-09-15, 06:01 UTC Ok, but where I find em_SaveSelection custom definition?
Well, I've described that command:
MVV wrote: 2020-09-14, 06:54 UTCcreate em_SaveSelection command with SAVESELECTIONW command and %A parameter
Hurdet wrote: 2020-09-15, 06:01 UTCok, %F doesn't enumerate nested items, but save folder path as "path\".
it would be enough to program VPBatch.exe to deal "path\" as it deal "path\*.*"
Perhaps an additional switch could be indeed added to <convert for recursive folder processing...
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

SAVESELECTIONW command and %A parameter
had escaped me. ty.
Perhaps an additional switch could be indeed added to <convert for recursive folder processing...
Yes other that [path]\*.*, that copy only first level folder, also need a recursive folder processing in ^convert.
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

I add a file "filename.txt" to a Virtual Panel
I rename this file in Virtual Panel to "file-name.txt"
I use %WF
in the xxx.tmp I have
"filename.txt"
and not
"file-name.txt"
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Yes, that's because TC passes real names/paths to list file, not virtual names that may differ from real ones.
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

MVV wrote: 2020-09-17, 11:10 UTC Yes, that's because TC passes real names/paths to list file, not virtual names that may differ from real ones.
In this way ^convert skip renamed files, also without bug.
It would be safer to use SAVESELECTIONW but with [path]\*.* and recursive folder processing option.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You don't need to <convert filelists exported by %F, %L etc because you already get real file names or paths in these lists. But TC fails to export names or paths properly.

If you SAVESELECTION and then <convert it, you should get no problems with mismatching real and virtual names.

Recursion may be currently done with Search dialog and feeding to listbox.
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

MVV wrote: 2020-09-17, 12:40 UTC You don't need to <convert filelists exported by %F, %L etc because you already get real file names or paths in these lists.
for folders:
with %F I get:
path\

with %L I get:
\\\Virtual Panel\path\
not a real path.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

Hurdet wrote: 2020-09-17, 12:53 UTC with %L I get:
\\\Virtual Panel\path\
not a real path.

This the behavior of TC before 9.20, after %L %F .. are faulty as you know. It should return real name (which is complete non sens for %F).
Currently behavior with virtual folder (not file) is not great except if you use <export !
You can anyhow use branch-view to have TC explode from a dedicated node.

As today 9.52, only way to return full name of selected files is to use convert with em_saveselectionw or in TC using %C1..%C 9 only 9slots.
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

This the behavior of TC before 9.20, after %L %F .. are faulty as you know.
Only I not know if in previuos versions %L return phisical folder path or \\\Virtual Panel\path\ as now.

Currently behavior with virtual folder (not file) is not great except if you use <export !
but <export whole VP contents directly without %L and I think it is not possible to mask with %L.

You can anyhow use branch-view to have TC explode from a dedicated node.
branch-view not work with VP.
As today 9.52, only way to return full name of selected files is to use convert with em_saveselectionw or in TC using %C1..%C 9 only 9slots.
But completely only if you add [path]\*.* and recursive folder processing option.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Hurdet wrote: 2020-09-17, 12:53 UTC for folders:
with %F I get:
path\

with %L I get:
\\\Virtual Panel\path\
not a real path.
With %F you don't get real path also, you only get folder name. You can't get real paths of folders because VP folders are pure virtual containers, only files are always links. Though VP supports folder links too (folder links have default folder icon while virtual folders have slightly different one), TC doesn't expect and properly support that, so you will get only virtual names from TC for every folders. But using <convert you can get real paths to folder links with both relative and absolute virtual paths.
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

MVV wrote: 2020-09-17, 12:40 UTC You don't need to <convert filelists exported by %F, %L etc because you already get real file names or paths in these lists.
MVV wrote: 2020-09-18, 05:00 UTC With %F you don't get real path also, you only get folder name. You can't get real paths of folders because VP folders are pure virtual containers, only files are always links.
Then these two statements seem to me to contradict.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Second one is for folders only, %F resolves real paths for files only, it doesn't expect folders to have real paths so leaves virtual paths for them.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

quantum wrote: 2020-01-08, 02:58 UTC Using an <explore window, in the toolbar, icons 1,2,4,5,6,8,9,10,11 are missing.
MVV wrote: 2020-01-09, 06:16 UTC There were some similar reports, but unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem, Virtual Explorer panel looks OK for me in both 32-bit and 64-bit TC. It would be nice of course to find the reason. All icons are taken from running TC executable and WCMICONS.dll library so should be available in any TC version.
It seems that I forgot to mention it, this bug was fixed in beta 1376. It was caused by improper loading of 32-bit icon library in case of 64-bit TC.

Virtual Panel Beta 1376
bynkook

Post by *bynkook »

dragging (a)file(s) out to another application such as PDF viewer is only available from <explore? weird.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Unfortunately yes, because TC doesn't support drag-n-drop between an FS plugin panel and an external window. I wouldn't introduce Virtual Explorer if TC supported drag-n-drop itself.