Tc 7.50a: Listview extremely slow with icon overlays enabled

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SchizoDuckie

Tc 7.50a: Listview extremely slow with icon overlays enabled

Post by *SchizoDuckie »

Hi :) Thanks for a new update, but i noticed something immediately after upgrading from beta 6 to 7.50a:

browsing and loading directories in the normal listview became extremely slow, it looked like some painting problem, so i went to options and disabled link overlays.: problem solved :-)

If you need any more info than a diff on your codebase please don't hesitate to ask :)

[update]
I'm on windows xp sp3
2ghz machine, 2gb of mem, nvidia graphics card
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Duckie.

Your report seems to be in line with this thread: File panels flickering when refreshing. Only your report is focussed on a different misbehaviour. But the source of trouble seems to be the same in both cases. So same cause, but different symptoms?!

Kind regards,
Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It sounds like you have a program installed which shows custom overlay icons (like Tortoise SVN) which is extremely slow. I have Tortoise installed and it is fast, so it's probably a different plugin. You can try to find out the problematic shell extension with ShellExView.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com