a suggestion to ghistler

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Kowalski

a suggestion to ghistler

Post by *Kowalski »

i use tc on my desktop and my pocketpc heavily.
in the desktop version in the panel the top most item is used as "one level up" button, but in the pocketpc version this item doesn't exists. this item would make the use of tc very easy because by using this item you could explore only by using the d-pad. but now i have to tap the ".." button right to the address bar
A totally Total Commander addict since 1998
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

".." isn't currently shown to save space. But maybe I could somehow react to the cursor left command? Does it move the cursor to the left in the editor? Would this help?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Gerry Busch

Post by *Gerry Busch »

I have a similar problem, which is mostly the fault of my particular device. On my HP Jornada, using the left arrow on the cursor control hardware button will merely scroll the screen sideways when a directory is on the screen (in the editor, of course, it moves the cursor to the left). To achieve the "CD .." command I have to use the backspace key of my on-screen keyboard.

It would be nice if a custom button could be placed on the bar by the user to issue the command. I tried doing that with "CD ..", but it didn't work, even though "CD \" will switch to the root directory, as it should.

Unfortunately the button next to the address bar happens to be in an area of my screen that has become inaccurate due to some damage, so I can't use it.

Gerry
Kowalski

Post by *Kowalski »

come on christian! we are talking about one line only. there are 11 lines and i think 1 out of 11 wont save our lives. i think we can give one up one line. think of this you won't have to use the stylus to go back! only the d pad will work. i also assigned one of my buttons the "context menu" function so if you change this i will use the stylus very rarely.
Kowalski

Post by *Kowalski »

no one answering my calls?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe I will add it as an option, but certainly not as the default - one line out of 11 is a lot, even more when there are two windows above each other...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
imagelimit

Post by *imagelimit »

I agree, please do NOT make this as default. In fact, I dont need this as an option either.
I'd rather have an option of smaller font to squeeze in more lines on screen. It would be nice to make thinner scroll bars too, to free up some space.
Kowalski

Post by *Kowalski »

one line out of 11 is a lot, even more when there are two windows above each other...
you are right, i never use two-window mode so i didnt think of it
one line out of 11 is a lot, even more when there are two windows above each other...
with the light of imagelight, i think making this an option will solve all our problems
thank you christian