You can download it from this list on www.ghisler.com
Please report bugs here in bug report forum, ONE BUG PER MESSAGE!
A list of additions and corrections, also for previous versions, can be found here.
The help as a HLP file can be found at the following address:
As usual, the update is free for all registered users.
Note: The update notification will be sent to all users on our info mailing list during the next few days.
What's new in TC 7.55?
- Use MLSD command for file listings in FTP function (better time resolution, time in UTC)
- Transfer files between two computers over a special USB cable
- Improvements to synchronize dirs function: Compare via plugins and FTP, options to skip hidden files and hard links, SITE UTIME in ftp sync
- Compare by content now shows different and changed lines with a slightly different background color (configurable via wincmd.ini)
- FTP connection details dialog split into two tabs
- "cd" command in button bar and start menu now accepts parameter /user: (user name for network connection)
- Open archives also in virtual folders like the Desktop
- New internal commands with parameters SELECTFILES, OPENTABSL and OPENTABSR, e.g. for the button bar
- Let the user set the user agent for HTTP connections
- Unpack directory time stamps from archives
- Lister: Increased maximum line length to 1024 characters (Unicode: 512)
- Verify CRC checksums: Also support CRC files in UTF16 Unicode format
- Show Terminal Server and Win7 XP mode drives in drive dropdown list and drive buttonbar
- Ctrl+Shift+B and cm_DirBranchSel shows branch view of only the selected dirs+files
- Colors by file type: Get plugin data in background thread for slow plugins
- F5 copy dialog: "Options" dialog extension can be pinned now to remain open
- RAR with encrypted file names: Show pseudo file <Encrypted -> F5> and let user unpack the archive with F5
- Command line: Command "cd filename" places cursor directly on file with name "filename"
- Search in "feed to listbox" results: Respect option "Search subdirectories", e.g. to search 3 levels deep in all selected dirs
- Show progress dialog box when reading a directory takes longer than 5 seconds
- Create CRC checksums: support subdirectories (recursively), background button
- Multi-rename tool: Allow to create fields with leading zeroes or spaces
- Create shortcuts (LNK files) also in protected system directories
- Handle dir space calculation in background (when user presses SPACE or Alt+Shift+Enter)
- Internal UnRAR via unrar.dll: Support target names longer than 259 characters
- File system plugins: Support background downloads and uploads (requires changes to plugin)
- Various new background operations: Unpack: RAR, TAR, packer plugins (needs modification), Pack: TAR, packer plugins
- See history.txt for all additions and fixes