Difference between Copy interfaces

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

FabioLV

Difference between Copy interfaces

Post by *FabioLV »

Hi all,
dunno if is a real bug or a "normal issue", but i've noticed that - in WIn 7 64bit - if i make operations from the desktop via an icon shortcut i.e. a file copy, once the copy is started a standard WIndows copy box appears; if i call the desktop using the standard path (c:\user\<User Name>\desktop) the copy box is the TC standard.
Why that difference ? This makes Desktop Icon USELESS during long file operations !
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Full-power file operations between virtual and real folders are impossible so if you have desktop folder (\\Desktop) in one of the panels TC will use simple copy dialog.
When you're in real folder (e.g. c:\user\<User Name>\desktop) TC can use normal copy dialog.
FabioLV

Post by *FabioLV »

MVV wrote:Full-power file operations between virtual and real folders are impossible so if you have desktop folder (\\Desktop) in one of the panels TC will use simple copy dialog.
When you're in real folder (e.g. c:\user\<User Name>\desktop) TC can use normal copy dialog.
Here is the difference !
Thanks MVV, i supposed this behaviour not being a bug !