Possible FTP issue?

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

harrismail

Possible FTP issue?

Post by *harrismail »

My website hosting company just sent me this e-mail in response to my website going "down" and inaccessible....

"What seems to be happening is a huge number of ftp connections into your site which is slowing down the server to such an extent that the website has problems"

The only program I've been accessing my site via FTP has been TC....although I always try to "disconnect" first with TC but if I just exit TC would that make a difference? Could this be the cause?

Steve
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi harrismail,
"What seems to be happening is a huge number of ftp connections into your site which is slowing down the server to such an extent that the website has problems"
Ask them for the source IP(s). Sounds more like a DoS attack than a TC problem.

Roman
Last edited by Hacker on 2010-07-18, 21:46 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed TC doesn't open multiple FTP connections itself when you only transfer files in the foreground. Each background transfer uses just one additional connection.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com