Integrated Sumatra PDF based Lister plug-in (wlx)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sgp

Post by *sgp »

Thank you, your plugin's a dream come true!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2j
It's UPXed so hard to tell (and lot of Explorer extensions here) so: does it support ListGetPreviewBitmap?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

j

Post by *j »

fenix_productions wrote:2j
It's UPXed so hard to tell (and lot of Explorer extensions here) so: does it support ListGetPreviewBitmap?
Actually Fileinfo shows the exported Functions just fine :shock:

Anyway, no, it does not support ListGetPreviewBitmap yet. I'll put it on my TODO list. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

j wrote:
fenix_productions wrote:2j
Actually Fileinfo shows the exported Functions just fine :shock:
Doesn't work if you're not allowed to install it (hex code does not reveal much).

Either way: I hope thumbnails will come pretty soon.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ask-rus

Post by *ask-rus »

SumatraPDF.wlx
File Version Information :

Version language : Английский (США)
FileDescription : SumatraPDF
FileVersion : 1.2.0.0
OriginalFilename : SumatraPDF.exe
ProductName : SumatraPDF
ProductVersion : 1.2.0.0
Comments : SumatraPDF viewer
CompanyName : Krzysztof Kowalczyk
:?
j

Post by *j »

ask-rus wrote:SumatraPDF.wlx File Version Information :
Duly noted and changed for the next release ;-)
j

Post by *j »

fenix_productions wrote:Doesn't work if you're not allowed to install it (hex code does not reveal much).
Not to nitpick but the exported functions are plain-text even in the compressed dll ....

fenix_productions wrote:Either way: I hope thumbnails will come pretty soon.
Is now soon enough? (Version 0.7 just released) :D

Edit: My first 100 posts, way to go! 8)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

j wrote:
fenix_productions wrote:Doesn't work if you're not allowed to install it (hex code does not reveal much).
Not to nitpick but the exported functions are plain-text even in the compressed dll ....
Hmm… I had somehow missed them when I was writing previous post. Never mind.
j wrote:Is now soon enough? (Version 0.7 just released) :D
Wow!

After playing with it whole day long I must say that your plugin seems to work with PDFs better than any other methods I had used before.

Any chances to see "Document properties" or maybe "Bookmarks panel"?

j

Post by *j »

fenix_productions wrote:After playing with it whole day long I must say that your plugin seems to work with PDFs better than any other methods I had used before.
Actually that's the reason why I started to write it in the first place - all methods to view PDFs with TC I tried had its flaws...

Nice to hear you like it too.
fenix_productions wrote:Any chances to see "Document properties" or maybe "Bookmarks panel"?
I guess so. I'll add it to the TODO list.
j

Post by *j »

I released version 0.7.1. It will show the SumatraPDF properties dialog when pressing on the toolbar icon.

In the long run I would prefer to have full xmp support (probably added to the upstream SumatraPDF project).
j

Post by *j »

In the spirit of releasing early and often... here is 0.7.2 that will show the TOC/Bookmark panel when pressing 't'.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

2j
I am happy seeing the progress but I found few bugs:

- pressing t when document does not contain TOC makes zoom in,
- after pressing t focus is lost and other keys do not work - I need to click on document again to get them back,
- clicking on panel items does nothing - no jumping to desired page.

Crazy challenge idea: LiveFilter for mentioned panel.

j

Post by *j »

fenix_productions wrote:- pressing t when document does not contain TOC makes zoom in,
- after pressing t focus is lost and other keys do not work - I need to click on document again to get them back,
- clicking on panel items does nothing - no jumping to desired page.

Crazy challenge idea: LiveFilter for mentioned panel.
The first one was the obviously caused by sleep deprivation, the second one is also fixed.
For the third one - works here. Does it fail for all PDFs? Do they work with a original SumatraPDF.exe?

Last one. Yeah, would probably be nice but would need a bit more time to implement. So nothing for the morning coffee-time :-)
Xnor

Post by *Xnor »

j wrote:
Xnor wrote:nice progress.
I wanted to ask if it could be possible to select text in a pdf and be able to copy it to the clipboard. It would be just great.
Yes, hold Ctrl while dragging with your mouse to select a text area. Then you can either Ctrl+C or do Edit->"Copy as text" from the menu.
thanks. Could you implement a cursor to select text, please? It's easier to select only some sentences and also to see if it's a text or a picture. Maybe a button to switch between the cursor to select text and the "hand"-cursor, would be great.

Another thing, I guess it wouldn't be bad to change this text to English ;)
Bitte einen Moment Geduld...
It's the message which says to wait for loading the pdf.
#201591 Single user licence
j

Post by *j »

Xnor wrote:thanks. Could you implement a cursor to select text, please? It's easier to select only some sentences and also to see if it's a text or a picture. Maybe a button to switch between the cursor to select text and the "hand"-cursor, would be great.
I do not think that this is a trivial task. You may want to make a proposal/feature request on the SumataraPDF Issue tracker, as SumatraPDF has the same selection mechanism. Also this would definitely be out of scope for my "fork" and material for the upstream project. Nevertheless, if I find some time maybe I can spend some thoughts on it... because I would prefer an "Adobe-like" selection mechanism too. Maybe look at Issue 778 too.

Xnor wrote:Another thing, I guess it wouldn't be bad to change this text to English ;)
Bitte einen Moment Geduld...
It's the message which says to wait for loading the pdf.
It uses the language of your operating system and defaults to English. So this behavior is intended (and also the same in the regular SumatraPDF). For reference see GetUserDefaultUILanguage as this is used to determine your OS language.