Total Commander Edit Redirector

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Total Commander Edit Redirector

Post by *Flint »

I found out that existing editing redirectors did not fit my needs, so I wrote my own one. The key feature is maximum compactness and performance. But do not wait for extraordinary functionality: it has been significantly reduced comparing to the alternatives (ChoiceEditor, OFSTC, F4Menu). There is no graphical user interface and no editor choosing. If you need them — sorry, this tool is not for you.

Everybody else — welcome! :)

32-bit version (25 Kb) / mirror
32-bit no-SSE version (25 Kb) / mirror (for old processors)
64-bit version (26 Kb) / mirror
Source code (C++) (42 Kb) / mirror / repository
Last edited by Flint on 2022-01-12, 00:54 UTC, edited 8 times in total.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hello Flint

maybe you should add the link of this thread to the plugin-info at totalcmd.net?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
ehab

Post by *ehab »

Flinty thanks for your efforts, i use virtual disk since i started with TC : )
#181344 Personal licence
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Peter
Done. Good idea, thanks.

ehab
You are welcome. :)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Version 1.1.0.0:
  1. Added separate version without SSE optimizations (for old processors).
  2. Significantly reduced EXE file size.
  3. Fixed: Full view mode was supported only when file sizes did not contain units.
  4. Fixed: When opening packed file in an MDI editor, TCER does not wait anymore for the process to terminate (reason: one can open within the same editor another file and close the first file, and such closing would not be detected in TC).
  5. Fixed: The program only started on WinXP SP3 and higher.
  6. Fixed minor typos.
32-bit version / mirror (19 Kb), no-SSE version / mirror (for old processors)
64-bit version / mirror (20 Kb)
Source code (C++) / mirror (28 Kb)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Mate, you just made me a happy boy today! :D

Double thumbs up!!

Thanks
I Love Total Commander!
sidefx88

Post by *sidefx88 »

Flint, i've found some bugs in TCER 1.1.0.0

(I'm using TC 7.55a on Windows 7 Ultimate Spanish)

* When I select some JPG files and press F4 to edit, TCER launches PhotoShop very well. But, if I do the same on TC thumbnails view, I get a Windows warning: TCER app crash (send report, debug, etc)

* When I select some TXT files and press F4 to edit, TCER launches Notepad++ very well. Bue, if I do the same on TC thumbnails view, only the file under the cursor is opened on Notepad++

I hope this information may be useful for you.

Cheers!
I Love Total Commander!
dott

Post by *dott »

2sidefx88

Those issues are covered by:
ReadMe_eng.html wrote: Restrictions of the Program
1. In the thumbnails mode only the focused file is opened (TC restriction).
Except for the crash of course.
Probablemente no
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Version 1.2.0.0:
• Fixed: Message boxes did not display in some cases.
• Fixed: Crash when opening more than 32 files.
• Fixed: Potential hang after program termination.

Source code (C++) / mirror (29 Kb)

sidefx88 wrote:* When I select some JPG files and press F4 to edit, TCER launches PhotoShop very well. But, if I do the same on TC thumbnails view, I get a Windows warning: TCER app crash (send report, debug, etc)
I'm sorry for not replying, I did not notice that there were new posts in the topic. :(
Concerning the thumbnails view, as dott said, this mode is not fully supported (TC does not provide necessary information). Concerning the crash: unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce it. I run quick tests with MSPaint and Paint.NET and neither gave me crash when opening a JPG from thumbnail view. I'll try to find Photoshop and test it.

In the meanwhile, could you please check the version 1.2.0.0? If it crashes too, please, make the report package that Windows creates and upload it somewhere so that I could take it and see more details (or send at the support E-mail from ReadMe).

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

TC's Thumbnail View is not a standard ListBox, as such even with all of the other possible Views the LB_FINDSTRING and LB_FINDSTRINGEXACT do not work. TC's thumbnail view - you cannot even query where the cursor is or pretty much any data at all (e.g. unable to determine filename/text of where the cursor is).
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Balderstrom
Yes, that's why in this mode TCER opens the file under cursor. I can obtain it directly, without requesting the listbox: TC passes its name to the editor as command-line parameter.

m^2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Total Commander Edit Redirector

Post by *m^2 »

Flint wrote:I found out that existing editing redirectors did not fit my needs, so I wrote my own one. The key feature is maximum compactness and performance. But do not wait for extraordinary functionality: it has been significantly reduced comparing to the alternatives (ChoiceEditor, OFSTC, F4Menu). There is no graphical user interface and no editor choosing. If you need them — sorry, this tool is not for you.

Everybody else — welcome! :)

Source code (C++) / mirror (29 Kb)
Fatty. Total Editor is 6.8 KB. :P
theosdikaios

Post by *theosdikaios »

I'm not aware of all redirectors: Do there is anyone which prevents open huge files with an editor. Background: if you press F4 by accident with a gigabytes file then you have to wait a long time till the bluescreen or any other error message comes. Do there is any configuration by size? TIA.
"Since there are many things which have never happened and never will happen,
and which nevertheless are clearly conceivable, and imply no contradiction,
how can one say they are absolutely impossible?" Leibniz
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

theosdikaios
I don't know of any redirector with such an option. I personally prefer to use editors instead that do not hang when opening huge files.

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

theosdikaios wrote:I'm not aware of all redirectors: Do there is anyone which prevents open huge files with an editor. Background: if you press F4 by accident with a gigabytes file then you have to wait a long time till the bluescreen or any other error message comes. Do there is any configuration by size? TIA.
I know the Editor that Flint and I use has this as an option: EmEditor

Under View | Large File Controller

Of course it's not free, but I've been very impressed with the cost, feature-set and customization options: including full built-in scripting that can utilize wscript and/or javascript that has complete access to all internal EmEditor commands. As well as the support on the forums by the author to quickly quash bug-fixes, provide workarounds, help with scripting issues and his open-nature to considering feature requests.