ArcView, lister plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Your file is in unicode format. ArcView does not support unicode.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

How can I tell a text file is in unicode format or not?
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

There are many ways. One of them: try to open suspicious text file with Microsoft Word and it will ask you to select encoding and Unicode option will be highlighted by default if your text file is unicode encoded.
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Thanks for your help! :)

Another question:
If there're several txt files there, which one is picked first to display? There's an archive contains 2 txt files, one is "ascxxxxx.txt" and another is "readme.txt". The plugin displays the latter one.

Again, talk about search text file in root and subdirs of an archive, I wish it will search the root first, at least there's an option to do so.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Raymond wrote:..If there're several txt files there, which one is picked first to display? There's an archive contains 2 txt files, one is "ascxxxxx.txt" and another is "readme.txt". The plugin displays the latter one..
Currently plugin displays first found text file (rar archive has its internal file order: files sorted first by extention then by name, any file added to existing arhive placed in the end of this archive).
oh, my poor english :oops:
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

poiuytr wrote:
Raymond wrote:..If there're several txt files there, which one is picked first to display? There's an archive contains 2 txt files, one is "ascxxxxx.txt" and another is "readme.txt". The plugin displays the latter one..
Currently plugin displays first found text file (rar archive has its internal file order: files sorted first by extention then by name, any file added to existing arhive placed in the end of this archive).
oh, my poor english :oops:
Don't kid yourself, yur English bees better then mine, and I am frum Amerika. ;)
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

OK, new version of ArcView is available. Version number is 1.1.0.18
Whatsnew:

Code: Select all

ADDED: ZIP support
ADDED: Loading process is visible
ADDED: "Search text file" is now optional. Turn this feature off to improve performance with some archives.
ADDED: "Search text file" mode has its options (see lsplugin.ini (must be near wincmd.ini) [ArcView] section, there will be some defaults after first plugin start, please feel free to change it):
           - file masks;
           - masks order define search priority;
           - symbol "*" can _fully_ replays file name or file extention ("file.*" is correct, "fil*.ext" is not correct).
ADDED: "Search text file only in root of arhive" option
ADDED: UNICODE support (partitially)
ADDED: Plugin loading time added to Lister caption
Download link located in the very first post.

Oh well, in order to use plugin with ZIP archives you have to uninstall previous version before installing this one!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2poiuytr
Thanks for a new version and .zip support.
Question: If I press F3 on .zip file everything works ok but if I use Ctrl-Q (Quick View) it works only for files which have no readme files inside. If it is - default lister is used :-( Why, does TC lister force it?

BTW: Your plugin was the only one .rar file I couldn't unpack on my WinNT. I had to do it on another computer.
The only difference between wlx_arcview_1.1.0.18.rar and other rar packed files I have - was something like: "Archive lock: PRESENT" in your file (I read this information using your plugin ;-
) ).
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

djk wrote:2poiuytr
Question: If I press F3 on .zip file everything works ok but if I use Ctrl-Q (Quick View) it works only for files which have no readme files inside. If it is - default lister is used :-( Why, does TC lister force it?...
In described case TC dont even trys to load my plugin. I guess this is by design.
djk wrote: ...BTW: Your plugin was the only one .rar file I couldn't unpack on my WinNT. I had to do it on another computer.
The only difference between wlx_arcview_1.1.0.18.rar and other rar packed files I have - was something like: "Archive lock: PRESENT" in your file (I read this information using your plugin ;-
) ).
Tag "Archive lock" means that you can not modify content of archive.
What software do you use for extraction? WinRAR 3 manages this archive successfully. Also TC with option "use internal un-RAR if possible" checked succeed.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I've tried to use TC with a path to Winrar 3.20 and checked option "use internal un-RAR if possible". I also couldn't do it win WinRar 3.20 itself. I don't know why. As I described above I could unpack all other files packed with different versions of rar. Your one was the only one which I wasn't able to unpack.
I could do it without any problems on the other stations with Win98 and WinXP.
I will try to check it again on Monday.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 23-01-2004 17:53:11 +0000 poiuytr wrote:

p> I guess this is by design.

This is a built-in functionality your plugin interfered with, so it looks like only Christian can help in this case.

I like your plugin, thank you very much for it but there are several things that look strange for me and some questions/suggestions.

• Check "Save active tab" in "About / Options", then QV archive with Readme.txt or some description file, make description file tab active, then QV other archive w/o description file (Readme.txt etc.) - active tab became "Archive". After that go back to archive with Readme.txt and now active tab is not a tab with description file but "Archive". The same thing with archive comment. Can I really save active tab somehow, I want it to be "Readme.txt" if it presents, if not - "Comment" and and only in case if both are absent - "Archive".
• Is it possible to show description file and comment the way Lister does - i.e. with the same font size and background/foreground color as in Lister window?
• SFX are not recognized (actually they just shouldn't concerning plugin detection string syntax used).
• Compression method information is absent on "Archive" tab.
• Lister shortcuts like "1", "2", "3" etc. doesn't work in QV mode and you have to activate them once from menu to make them work if you view file by "F3".
• Options inscriptions on "About / Options" tab do not fit it well if "Big fonts" display mode used.
• It wold be nice if you add accelerators to tabs names.[/face]
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]On 23-01-2004 17:53:11 +0000 poiuytr wrote:
p> I guess this is by design.
This is a built-in functionality your plugin interfered with, so it looks like only Christian can help in this case.[/face]
I guess Christian has more important stuff to do with TC :)
Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]I like your plugin, thank you very much for it but there are several things that look strange for me and some questions/suggestions.[/face]
I appreciate that
Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]
• Check "Save active tab" in "About / Options", then QV archive with Readme.txt or some description file, make description file tab active, then QV other archive w/o description file (Readme.txt etc.) - active tab became "Archive". After that go back to archive with Readme.txt and now active tab is not a tab with description file but "Archive". The same thing with archive comment. Can I really save active tab somehow, I want it to be "Readme.txt" if it presents, if not - "Comment" and and only in case if both are absent - "Archive".[/face]
You can approach to behaviour you described with current version of plugin by "freezing" desired tab.
How to "freeze" desired tab
• F3 archive with Readme.txt or some description file
• Check "Save active tab" option then activate desired tab and exit Lister
• F3 archive with Readme.txt again and uncheck "Save active tab" option
Now when you QV (or F3) archive with Readme.txt appropriate tab will be activated in any case and when you QV archive w/o Readme.txt "Archive" tab will be activated. This is not exactly what you want, it is just a compromise.
• Is it possible to show description file and comment the way Lister does - i.e. with the same font size and background/foreground color as in Lister window?[/face]
Yes, it is possible but I have to know wincmd.ini location. AFAIK there are many ways to store information about INI location: HKCU, HKLM or elsewhere. I have to know all the options but I don't (I simply don't really want to reinstall TC with different INI location averytime :oops: ). If someone can help me with that it wil be great.
• SFX are not recognized (actually they just shouldn't concerning plugin detection string syntax used).[/face]
This ability already exists in my wishlist but it has BelowNormal priority.
• Compression method information is absent on "Archive" tab.
• Lister shortcuts like "1", "2", "3" etc. doesn't work in QV mode and you have to activate them once from menu to make them work if you view file by "F3".
• Options inscriptions on "About / Options" tab do not fit it well if "Big fonts" display mode used.
• It wold be nice if you add accelerators to tabs names.[/face]
These abilities will be surely implemented in next version!
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 25-01-2004 13:34:31 +0000 poiuytr wrote:

p> I guess Christian has more important stuff to do with TC

We'll see :).

p> You can approach to behaviour you described with current
p> version of plugin by "freezing" desired tab.

[^Y]
I see:

ActivePageIndex=2
SaveActivePage=0

But what for is "ActivateDizTab", can I ask?

p> This is not exactly what you want, it is just a compromise.

Well, thank you for this tip, but can I depend on complete solution? :)

p> Yes, it is possible but I have to know wincmd.ini location.
[^Y]
p> I have to know all the options but I don't

You can just add "IniLocation" parameter to ArcView INI user can edit by oneself.

p> This ability already exists in my wishlist but it has
p> BelowNormal priority.

Well, "SFX module size" on "Archive" tab is useless then :).

p> These abilities will be surely implemented in next version!

That's a good news, BTW one more sugestion, it would be nice if "Alt"+return open "Options" tab.[/face]
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2poiuytr
Yes, it is possible but I have to know wincmd.ini location. AFAIK there are many ways to store information about INI location: HKCU, HKLM or elsewhere. I have to know all the options but I don't (I simply don't really want to reinstall TC with different INI location averytime ). If someone can help me with that it wil be great.
I think you have to implement ListSetDefaultParams function
void __stdcall ListSetDefaultParams(ListDefaultParamStruct* dps);

ListSetDefaultParams is called immediately after loading the DLL, before ListLoad.
ListDefaultParamStruct contain path to .ini file directory.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]ActivePageIndex=2
SaveActivePage=0[/face]
Exactly! I like the way you read me :wink:
Black Dog wrote:[face=courier]But what for is "ActivateDizTab", can I ask?[/face]
Just an artifact. It will be removed.
Well, thank you for this tip, but can I depend on complete solution? :)[/face]
Let us hope
p> This ability already exists in my wishlist but it has
p> BelowNormal priority.

Well, "SFX module size" on "Archive" tab is useless then :).
[/face]
Since my wishlist is not as large as Christian's SFX support is already implemented.