Total Commander CE on 89103C (SmartMedia WM8505)

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SteBet

Total Commander CE on 89103C (SmartMedia WM8505)

Post by *SteBet »

Hello,
I'm using Total Commander CE on a HP iPaq 6515 and I like it very much.

I'm trying to install it on a SmartMedia WM8505 chinese netbook. It has 128MB RAM, ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (V51) processor, 2GB NAND flash and Windows CE 6.0 as operating system.

I'm not able to find any CAB suitable for installation: when I try to install any of them, they asserts that they're not suitable for my hardware. Any chance to see TC running on this netbook?

Some more information on this kind of netbook can be found on google (sorry cannot post link here for now...)

Thanks in advance
Stefano
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, try unpacking the cab file (for ARM/Windows CE version) manually on a Windows computer and copy the files to your device. The largest one should be renamed to cecmd.exe. The one with ftp in the name should be named ftp.tfx, the one with registry registry.tfx, and the one with LAN in the name LAN.tfx. The 33k file is the help file, cecmd.htm.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
SteBet

Post by *SteBet »

Hi, I tried and it's perfectly working.

Just one question: as Pocket PC and WinCE are both working, which is the difference between the two version, and which one should I use on this device?

Thanks in advance
Stefano
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The PocketPC version supports a few more functions which do not exist on all CE platforms. So if it works, you should use that. But if you prefer the menu at the top you can also use the CE version.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com